Nextel, Cellport Deliver Hands-Free Solution
- Cellport Retreats To R&D Roots. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the decision of Cellport Systems Inc. to sell its automotive products business. Reasons for selling the business; Remarks from Pat Kennedy, chief executive of Cellport Systems; Aim of a deal with Nextel Communications Incorporated.
- Mobex's decision to switch rather than fight starts to pay
off for dispatcher. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p40
Reports on the decision of wireless carrier Mobex Communications Inc. to abandon its strategy of trying to compete in dispatch frequency bands dominated by Nextel Communications Inc. License rights won by Mobex; Average bill of a Mobex consumer; Deal between the wireless carrier and Central...
- Hands-free GPS Combo. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the integrated hands-free system with Global Positioning System location technology demonstrated by Cellport Systems Incorporated and Airbiquity Incorporated.
- Direct Connect Going Nation Wide. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p4
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. will launch its key differentiating service called Direct Connect throughout the U.S.. Implications of the rollout of the service to competitors; Phases of the launch; Initial markets that will offer the service; Challenges faced by the company.
- Nextel launches WBS initiative. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p9
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. has launched its Wireless Business Solutions initiative as of August 26, 2002. Purpose of the launching; Components of the initiative.
- Nextel tests landline long-distance service. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p1
Announces that Nextel Communications Incorporated is offering a landline long-distance service to its customers. Information on Nextel; Details on the long-distance service being offered; How Nextel will charge their customers for wireless and long-distance service.
- Who Will Get NextWave's Licenses? Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;02/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the concerns of communications operators about the pending auction of Next-Wave's C-block plasma-current switch (PCS) licenses in the United States (US). Issue over which operators are allowed to bid; Designated entities provision in the licenses; Demands of major US wireless-service...
- NEXTEL. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on wireless carrier Nextel. Implication of the decision to upgrade its iDEN network; Number of subscribers and employees as of December 2001; Technology used in its business operations; Percentage of advertisements that come from other carriers.
- Nextel leads all bidders in speedy SMR auction. Wayne, Debra // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p2
States that according to statistics, Nextel Communications Incorporated seems to be the leader in auction of 525, 800 MHz specialized mobile radio services licenses. Top five bidders as of round 12; Details on net revenues for licenses following round 12; Indepth look at issue.