Eyes On Customer Service
- WatchMark to work with Motorola on service assurance software. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p54
Announces that WatchMark Corp. will begin working with Motorola Inc. to provide Verizon Wireless with service assurance software.
- Mya Debuts At The Oscars. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p38
Focuses on the visual image invented by Motorola Inc. for its upcoming voice-activated information and dialing service in 2000. 2000 Academy Awards debut of the technology; Voice-activated services from Microsoft Corp. and Lucent Technologies; Features of the voice-activated service from Motorola.
- Putting Customers to Work. Steinburg, Craig // Training & Development;Mar93, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p11
Describes how Motorola Inc. involved its customers and suppliers in brainstorming ideas for better customer service. Customer-satisfaction competition held annually by the company's Communications and Electronics Group; Rules of the competition.
- Customer service. Steckler, Larry // Electronics Now;Aug99, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p2
Editorial. Praises the customer service department of Motorola Inc. Author's problem with his Motorola Model 610 cordless phone; Missing manual; Electronic mail to the manufacturer; Replacement copy of the manual.
- WatchMark intros software for troubleshooting. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p64
Introduces Mobile Call Analyzer, a network troubleshooting software program from WatchMark Corp. in Bellevue, Washington.
- A real-time operator. McElligot, Tim // Telephony;09/20/99, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p20
Presents information on the Prospect software launched by WatchMark, the first acquisition of Lucent's New Ventures Group. Features of the software; Capabilities of the product; Functions included in the software.
- Watchmark signs with Deutsche Telekom. // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p39
Reports on WatchMark Inc.'s telecommunications management network order from German wireless operator Deutsche Telekom MobilNet GmbH to provide its WatchMark Pilot visualization product for T-Mobil's network surveillance system for the D1 global system for mobile communications 900 network.
- Motorola pagers to receive free news. // RCR;11/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p20
Introduces the free news service provided by InfoPower Inc. which is available exclusively on all Motorola Inc. alphanumeric pagers. Functional features of the service.
- Motorola realigns into 4 business units. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p9
Reports on the reorganization of the operation of Motorola Inc. into several business groups in 2004. Strategy of Motorola to improve its delivery of mobile communication to customers; Executive selected to head the personal devices group; Plan of the company regarding its supply-chain business.