FCC To Consider Rooftop Access Issues
- FCC Agenda Focuses On Spectrum Reform. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p17
Focuses on issues about wireless communication in the U.S. Efforts of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to deal with telecommunication issues; Analysis of government policy on broadband deployment; Comment of FCC commissioner Michael Powell on the issues.
- 2000 Sees Strong Wireless Growth. // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the results of the study 'Telecommunications Industry Revenues,' by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, which indicates a strong wireless growth. Growth of the telecommunications industry in 2000; Revenue growth of the wireless industry in 2000.
- Carriers looking to lose their caps. Rogers, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;02/26/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, pSR8
Discusses the demand for electromagnetic spectrum used for wireless communication in the Chicago, Illinois telecommunication sector. Companies bidding for spectrum licenses; Calls for reforms on the cap set by the Federal Communications Commission on spectrum licenses; Spectrum allocations in...
- Keeping an open mind. Waite, David // Telephony;9/10/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 14, p32
The article discusses the move of U.S. Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in mandating the allocation of 22 megahertz of spectrum for wireless applications and devices. It is mentioned that FCC's ruling may deter potential bidders and reduce spectrum valuations. Moreover, current and...
- The universal service order from a wireless perspective. Duffy, Gerard J. // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p36
Analyzes portions of the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) Universal Service Order that pertain to wireless telephone carriers. Rural competition; Principle of competitive neutrality; Portability of support; Wireless in schools, libraries and health care providers; Contributions.
- Hands Off Our MMDS. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;04/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p9
Deals with the opposition of wireless communication carriers to the plans of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to use the multipoint microwave distribution system (MMDS) spectrum for third-generation (3G) wireless communication services. Impact of the plans on the...
- Oral argument on RF postponed. // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p38
Reports on the postponement of the oral argument in the appeal of the United States Federal Communications Commission's 1996 radio-frequency radiation exposure guidelines.
- FCC unveils Tower Construction Notification System. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/9/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the launch by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of its Tower Construction Notification System, as of February 2004. Benefits of the technology for the tower industry; Significance of the move for the relationship between the government and Native Americans; Principle behind...
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p4
Presents news briefs on the rules made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on wireless communication systems and the wireless telecommunication industry as of May 20, 2002. Fines imposed by the FCC on AT & T Wireless; Vote by the FCC on what kind of equipment can be used to...