Pushing Profit Growth
- SBA adds 210 towers in 3Q, more to come. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the addition of telecommunication towers in the portfolio of SBA Communications Corp. in the third quarter ended September 30, 2001. Costs of the tower; Overview of other towers acquired by SBA.
- SBA adds 188 towers in 4Q. // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p22
Reports on SBA Communications Corp.'s increase of its tower portfolio by 188 towers in the first quarter of 2000. Company's entry into agreements to acquire 124 towers in 34 separate transactions.
- US Unwired, SBA Trade Towers For Cash. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;01/08/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the agreement of US Unwired to sell a number of its towers to SBA Communications Corp. Terms of the agreement; How the decision would benefit US Unwired; Brief information on SBA.
- SBA adds 449 towers during 1Q. // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p14
Reports on the increase of the tower portfolio of SBA Communications Corp. in the first quarter ending March 31, 2001. Number of towers built and acquired by the company.
- SBA aims for high rates of return, not number of towers. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/8/99, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p36
Features SBA Communications Corp., a leading public tower companies in the United States. Corporate history; Acquisition of towers; Business plan and additional tower goals in 2000; Better opportunities through straight build-to-suit contracts and selected smaller acquisitions.
- Changes ahead for tower players. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;2/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
Presents an update on the tower industry as of February 3, 2003. Increase in American Tower's 2003 and 2004 EBITDA estimates; Information on a tower industry report released by Bear Stearns & Co.; Financial status of SBA Communications Corp.
- SBA to buy 173 US Unwired towers. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p48
Reports on the plans of SBA Communications Corp. to purchase of the communication towers of US Unwired Inc. in the second quarter of 2001 throughout US Unwired's six territories in the United States.
- Site Leasing, Development Boosts SBA. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p54
Presents an update on financial condition of some tower companies in the United States. Increase in the revenue posted by SBA Communications for the second quarter of 2002; Increase in site-leasing revenue posted by SpectraSite Communications; Year-over-year revenue gain of American Tower.
- SBA sells bulk of western tower assets to AAT Corp. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;3/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the plan of SBA Communications Corp. to sell a number of its communication towers to AAT Communications Corp. Value of the deal; Uses of the net proceeds from the sale of the towers; Effect of the sale on the tower portfolio of the two companies.