Lucent, Spinoffs Still Struggling
- Stormy weather ahead for Lucent. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/24/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the drop in earnings faced by Lucent Technologies in the third-quarter of 2000. Information on the plans of Lucent to spin off its Microelectronics and Communications Technologies unit; Earnings per share for the year; Expectations for the first quarter of 2001; Factors that...
- As Doomed As Doomed Can Be? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p16
Deals with issues concerning Lucent Technologies Inc.'s spinning off of its enterprise voice and data business. Focus of the company; Challenges facing the new company; Issue on marketing aspects.
- Lucent Plans Spin Off. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. is planning to divest its slow growing divisions. Units that serve large corporations identified for spinoffs; Plans by the company to concentrate its resources on areas such as optical networking, Internet infrastructure and wireless semiconductors.
- Lucent spinoff will lack full lineup of gear. Rohde, David // Network World;03/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
Reports on Lucent's plan to spin off a firm whose products and services will focus on enterprise customers in the United States. Combination of Lucent's PBX and call center operations, local-area-network switching business and Systimax cabling unit; Range of local and wide area network product...
- Lucent to spin off enterprise group. Rendleman, John // PC Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
Reports on Lucent Technologies Inc.'s decision to spin off its voice, campus asynchronous transfer mode and cabling operations. Revenue growth comparison between the enterprise operation and Lucent's over-all goal; Identification of the firm's core competencies; Challenges facing the spun-off unit.
- Lucent Technologies to Spin Off Parts. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;07/24/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 30, p6
Details the spin-off plans of Lucent Technologies Inc. Revenue of the company; Benefit of the move; Impact on other semiconductor companies.
- Has Lucent turned from darling to duckling? P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;01/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the decline of the telecommunication company Lucent Technologies Inc.'s revenues. Company's inability to meet delivery schedules for optical networking products; Decline of corporate stock price; Competition with Nortel and Cisco; Changes in customer buying patterns; Resignations by...
- Fourth and goal. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the earnings of Lucent Technologies for the fourth quarter of 2000. Share price of the company; Reasons for the company's earnings shortfall.
- Lucent's 1Q net income falls. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p6
Discloses the earnings report of Lucent Technologies Inc. for its first fiscal quarter ended December 31, 1999. Revenue inside and outside the United States; Optimism on the resolution of manufacturing capacity and deployment issues by the end of the second fiscal quarter.