Carriers' Strategies Paying Off
- Fewer Subscribers Means Higher CPGA. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p13
Reports on the increase in cost per gross addition (CPGA) of wireless telecommunication carriers to attract new subscribers. Definition of CPGA; Increase in CPGA of AT & T Wireless for second quarter of 2002; Acquisition costs of Leap Wireless International; Effort of Nextel Communications Inc....
- Wireless carriers show positive gains. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p62
Looks at the positive gains posted by United States wireless communication firms in the third quarter of 2001. Dominance of postpaid over prepaid customers at AT&T Wireless Inc.; Revenue growth posted by Nextel Communications Inc.; Projected customer growth of Leap Wireless International Inc....
- Cell giants plot $1.5B ad bonanza. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;10/6/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the advertising plans of wireless communication providers after the U.S. Federal Communications Commission decided to allow consumers to keep their cellphone number if they switch to a new carrier. While providers would not discuss spending specifics, Yankee Group analyst...
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p20
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry in the United States as of October 22, 2001. Service launched by Leap Wireless International Inc. in Oregon; Agreement between AT&T Wireless Services Group; Purchase of the Infowave Wireless Business Engine of Infowave Software by...
- The Hunt For Subscriber Bounty. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/5/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p20
Discusses the efforts taken by three wireless carriers in the United States to search for more subscribers in unexplored areas of the country. Sprint PCS; AT&T Wireless; Leap Wireless International Inc.
- Spend a little, earn a little. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p11
Presents a graphical representation of wireless handset subsidy per new subscriber in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2001 and for the same period in 2002. Leap Wireless; AT&T Wireless; Sprint PCS.
- Leap wheels, deals on spectrum with AT&T, Skagit. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p11
Focuses on a definitive agreement signed by Leap Wireless International Inc. with AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to exchange licenses. Number of licenses sold by Leap to Skagit Wireless L.L.C.; Terms of the agreement; Value of the deal between Leap and AT&T.
- U.S. CARRIERS REALIZING THE VALUE OF SMS. // Telephony;4/8/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the trend in short message services (SMS) offered by telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of April 2002. Plan of Verizon Wireless to launch inter-carrier SMS; Volume of the messaging service of AT&T Wireless Services; Information on the text messaging service of Leap Wireless.
- Leap 4Q follows estimates. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p24
Provides information on the 2001 fourth-quarter results of Leap Wireless International. Number of net subscribers added by Leap to its Cricket service offering for the quarter; Increase in operating revenues; Drop in consolidated net loss; Average revenue per user during the quarter.