AT&T Clips Angel's Wings
- A Digital One Rate for data? Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p30
Reports that AT&T Wireless Services relaunched its cellular digital packet data, PocketNet service, as a wireless Internet service. Reason of the company for focusing on the business market; Information on the tiered basis service offer; Costs of the services. INSET: QUICK TAKE.
- Angel's Wings Clipped, But Not Grounded. // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p18
Presents information on the Project Angel wireless local loop system initiated by AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the 1990s.
- Honing The Enterprise & Wireless Link. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;7/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p24
Focuses on the efforts of wireless carriers to expand their enterprise business services repertoire through higher bandwidth data networks. Reason behind the joint partnership entered into by Nextel Communications and Science Applications International Corp.; Disadvantages of the alliance...
- Super Cell Phones. Desmond, Michael // PCWorld;Dec2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p80
This article reports on the evolution of cell phones globally as of December 2004. Back in 2001, flip phones were cool. Today, a flip phone is also a digital camera, an e-mail device, and a personal digital assistant. With major service providers, including AT&T Wireless and Verizon Wireless,...
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;10/07/96, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p47
Comments on AT&T Wireless Services Incorporated's Interim Standard-136 cellular digital service, that was launched using the PCS label in 40 major markets. Claims that the company was trying to confuse the technology distinctions between cellular service at 900 MHz and personal communications...
- AT&T launches digital PCS service. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;06/28/96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the launching of AT&T Wireless Services' digital personal communications service in June 1996 making 12 counties in North Texas the inaugural customer base for the new service. Services to be offered by AT&T Digital PCS; Comparison with cellular service.
- AT&T Wireless Services launches digital PCS service in Ariz. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/09/97, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the launch of a digital personal communication service (PCS) by A T and T Wireless Services Incorporated in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona. Circumstances surrounding the launch of the service; Information on a shipment of dual-band, dual-mode handsets from Ericsson Incorporated;...
- Advanced 411 Service. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p24
Reports on AT&T Wireless Incorporated's enhanced directory assistance service that offers live, professionally trained operators to answer calls and provide information beyond the name and phone number. Features of the service.
- Netro Aims High With Angel. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the fixed wireless equipment maker Netro Corp. would pay AT&T Wireless Inc. cash plus shares of Netro stock in exchange for the carrier's fixed wireless assets. Other advantage of AT&T Wireless in the deal; Marketing plan of Netro; View of analysts on the deal.