RM's Job Never Ends With EPL Risks
- Dealing With Workplace Sexual Harassment. Kurland, Orin M. // Risk Management (00355593);Apr93, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p22
This article presents policies and procedures for dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace which was discussed by Joan S. Morrow, a partner with Rider, Bennett, Egan & Arundel, during the 20th Annual Risk Management Seminar. According to Morrow, sexual harassment can be defined as...
- Front-End Commission Debate Is Not As Simple As It Appears. Duska, Ronald F. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/23/99, Vol. 103 Issue 34, p15
Addresses the issue of front-loaded commissions causing market misconduct in insurance sales in the United States. Alternative solutions; Contributing factors that cause misconduct; Factors that could counter-act selfish behavior.
- The sales police. Armstrong, Sean // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1995, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the compliance programs started by insurance companies to keep their agents in check. Review of sales materials of New York Life Insurance Co. agents; Misrepresentations made by agents of Metropolitan Life; Changes in standards related to accountability; Opposition of agents to...
- New law says managers can be personally liable... Barquer, Phillip A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-8
Focuses on efforts to stop harassment and discrimination in the workplace in California, highlighting a law which states that individual supervisors may be held personally liable in sexual harassment cases. Reference to a supervisor's liability court case; How the outcome of the case has...
- Ms. communication. Gutfeld, Greg // Men's Health;May96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p73
Focuses on how to deal with women co-workers in the work environment. Considerations in making fun in front of women co-workers; Mastering simple talk that appeals to women; Being aware of roughhousing; Importance of eye contact in women. INSETS: Directions? We don't need no stinking...
- Penalty standards for sexual harassment offences in unionized workplaces. Taylor, K. Wayne // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring98, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p326
Focuses the types of penalty standards in use in workplaces in Canada over the period 1985-1995, to examine the issue of the type of penalties which should be assigned to sexual harassers in unionized workplaces. Standard penalty for sexual harassment involving touching; Conditions which...
- Watch out, guys. // State Legislatures;Jan97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the choices of people relating to the gender of their company superiors. Choice of female company heads in countries with female leaders.
- Risk managers seeking EPL knowledge and coverage. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;03/17/97, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p14
States that difficulties surrounding liabilities within the insurance industry have influenced risk managers' interest in protecting themselves against employment practices liabilities. Concerns regarding processes used by employers; Factors contributing to heightened awarenes of malpractice.
- Government should help, not hinder industry: CEO. Hodge, Neil // Business Insurance;5/19/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p37
Governments should take a more active role in covering â€œunpredictableâ€risks such as terrorism, both to protect insurers and to attract investment capital into the global insurance industry, according to the chief executive of Lloyd's of London Co., Nick Prettejohn. â€œWe must...