New Strategies Bank On SMS Jumpstarting Location Services
- Consumers Want Nerd-free, Hands-free Technology. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the growing market for hands-free accessories for mobile communication devices. What fueled sales of the accessories; Reason for the lukewarm stance of telecommunication carriers to hands-free devices; Main attributes sought by consumers from the accessories.
- Portable Numbers For Mobile Phones. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p12
Discusses number portability for mobile phones in the U.S.. Limitations of local number portability; Details on the operation of local number portability; Benefits of portable number class.
- Scanning... // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p59
Reports developments in the mobile radio industry in United States as of August 2001. Selection of Intergraph Public Safety to provide a records management system for law enforcement; License given to New World System software for IBM iSeries 400 platform; Certification of the American Mobile...
- Consensus? We got a consensus? Glory be. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p4
Comments on key issues and developments relevant to the mobile communication industry in the U.S. Elimination of interference to public safety radio communications; Regulation of the telecommunication industry; Implications for policies governing telecommunication.
- Creating a market for mobile data. Asby, Elaine // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p37
Comments on strategies for establishing a market base for data delivered and accessible through mobile communication systems. Analysis of the data demand of mobile communication users in the business community; Wireline extension; Importance of recognizing barriers in information technology.
- Regulating European mobile. Comet, William // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p44
Discusses issues pertinent to the European mobile telephone sector. Unfair competition among large and small service providers; Roaming problems; Market saturation.
- Unlocking doors to a mobile future. Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;May99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the influence of improvement in services development in the market growth enjoyed by the global mobile communications industry. Move to more advanced mobile networks and services; Emergence of a new kind of industry relationship in one to one alliances among telecom firms.
- The mobile business. Eggleton, Simon // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug99, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p88
Discusses the impact of new mobile communications technologies on the telecommunications industry. Forecasted expansion of the business; Introduction of general packet radio services (GPRS) and wireless access protocol (WAP); Convergence of the cellular phone and the Internet; Fax-mail...
- Virtual moves in mobile markets. Doyle, Chris // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p55
Focuses on the emergence of mobile virtual network operators (MVNO) in Europe, brought about by the success of cellular telephony. Acquisitions as a route for entering the market; Linking of price shadowing effect to retail minus.
- UMTS Forum still upbeat about 3G. Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the issues about third generation communication. Belief of the UMTS Forum on the long-term revenue potential; Reality of the 3G mobile data services; Indication of infrastructure sharing to solve financial burdens of mobile operators.