Breaking Through The Chaos
- Why can't we all get along? Bradner, Scott // Network World;12/21/98, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p36
Focuses on the cooperation among Internet standards organizations as of December 21, 1998. Partnership between the Internet Engineering Task Force and the International Telecommunication Union; Other groups' efforts to promote cooperation.
- 3GPP forges relationships with ITU, IETF. // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p22
Reports on the Third Generation Project Partnership's entry into working relationships with the International Telecommunication Union and the Internet Engineering Task Force.
- Standards evolve for IP telephony. Hui-Lan Lu // Lightwave;Dec99, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p22
Focuses on the evolution of standards for Internet protocol (IP) telephony. Suite of standards from the International Telecommunication Union-Telecommunication; Session initiation protocol from the Internet Engineering Task Force; Differences of the public-switched telephone network from IP...
- A CLOSER LOOK AT THE INTERNET'S STANDARDS SETTING PROCESS. Jakobs, Kai // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Jan2003, p557
The Internet has emerged as a crucial part of the Global Information Infrastructure. This is not least due to the remarkable longevity and versatility of some of its protocols. Accordingly, there have been many claims that the standards setting process adopted by the Internet community is vastly...
- Class struggle on the 'Net? Bradner, Scott // Network World;05/11/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p40
Focuses on the reaction to the Internet Engineering Task Force efforts to define technology to bring quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities on the Internet. Identification of complaints made; Reference to a story carried on CNN news service titled `Tiered service might lock Internet into class...
- IETF pitches stake for Net EDI standards. Kerstetter, Jim // PC Week;7/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the Internet Engineering Task Force's EDI Over Internet Workgroup is hammering out requirements for conducting electronic digital interface over the Internet. Attempts to meld traditional electronic forms with emerging Internet-based technologies; Release of a report detailing...
- IETF answers call. Woollacott, Matthew // InfoWorld;02/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the development of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Internet White Pages standard. Role played by the White Pages; Development of the Lightweight Internet Person Schema (LIPS); Publication of the final version of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directories.
- Task force considers sale of Internet addresses. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;8/12/96, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p27
Reports on the Internet Engineering Task Force's plans to allow the market to set prices for new Internet addresses.
- Conspiracy fever grips IETF. Nerney, Chris // Network World;09/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p66
Reports on the development of a nominating mechanism for selecting members of the Internet Engineering Task Force committee. Proposal of outgoing chairman, Fred Baker.