- Midwest Wireless deploys wireless data with PolarLake. // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p19
Reports on the wireless data services deployed by Midwest Wireless in partnership with PolarLake. Benefits of the project on Midwest Wireless.
- Metro One's stock surges following contract extension with Midwest. // RCR Wireless News;6/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p4
The article announces the decision of Metro One Telecommunications Inc. to renew a contract to provide enhanced directory assistance for Midwest Wireless subscribers. Metro One's 411 service provides movie listings and driving directions in addition to connecting customers with up to five...
- Midwest Wireless to buy mere licenses. // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the definitive agreement signed by Midwest Wireless to acquire wireless properties from partnerships providing wireless service in Iowa under the name Cellcom. Properties included in the deal; Other plans of Midwest.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless industry in the U.S. as of September 2004. Plan of iPCS Incorporated's operating facility iPCS Wireless to sell wireless communication towers to TCP Communications L.L.C.; Agreement signed by enhanced directory assistance provider Metro One...
- Midwest Zeroes In On Local Content. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p24
Reports on the plan of Midwest Wireless LLC to distribute the type of information that impact customers' lives every day. Comments from Tim Tupy, Midwest's product services development manager, about the content; Company that will provide Midwest with specialized content; Expectation of the...
- Midwest Wireless offers voice dialing. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p8
Reports the decision of Midwest Wireless to offer voice-activated dialing to its customers, on October 1, 2000. Details of the voice-activated dialing feature; Remarks from Midwest president Dennis Miller.
- A flair for keeping it local. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;05/08/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 19, p80
Introduces Realm, a service that offers the convenience of a wireless for the price of wireline, developed by Midwest Wireless. How the service works; Availability of Realm; Other communication services offered by the company to stay competitive. INSET: BRIEFLY.
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;12/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p30
Presents news briefs from the telecommunication industry. Installation of the Safety Talk hands-free voice dialing service at Midwest Wireless LLC by Preferred Voice Inc.; Availability of the Internet banking services to Powertel Inc. subscribers through the carrier's alliance with nFront Inc.
- Midwest Wireless changes name to Accelera. // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p46
Reports on the change of the name of Midwest Wireless LLC to Accelera Wireless.