Borrowing A Lucrative Strategy
- Phones Wake Up To Java. // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p3
Unveils the plan of Nextel Communications Inc. to introduce its CTIA Wireless 20001 handsets which features Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) software. Benefits of J2ME feature.
- Motorola Opens Up Java Software. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p20
Reports that Motorola will use Java 2 Micro Edition software from Sun Microsystems to advance the development of applications for iDEN telephones. Features of the software; Partnership of the company with CollabNet; Other companies that apply open source principles to wireless application...
- Mobile PCs ordering Java. Moeller, Michael; Moore, Mark // PC Week;6/10/96, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p25
Reports on the efforts of various software and hardware vendors to develop portable devices based on JavaSoft's JavaOS. Mitsubishi Electronics America Inc.'s development of a personal digital assistant based on the operating system; Nokia Mobile Phones Inc.'s plan to JavaOS in a new line of...
- Wireless Java's Rich Future. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;03/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on Java-enabled wireless communication devices. Network carriers involved in the Java-enabled phones to be launched by Motorola in the first half of year 2001; Impact of the Mobile Information Device profile based on the Java 2 platform Micro Edition on wireless data services; Web site...
- For Motorola, stock answers buy future business channels. Elstrom, Peter J.W. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/12/94, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p1
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s winning veto power over Nextel Communications Incorporated business deals. Nextel as only one of several high-tech companies in which Motorola has a major equity share; Nextel's stock holdings; Motorola's financial interest in new technologies.
- Nextel brings Digital Wireless to Chicago. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;09/16/96, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p12
Reports that Nextel Communications Incorporated is expected to launch a Motorola Incorporated flip phone that supports paging, voice and a special service called instant conferencing in its first market in Chicago, Illinois. Other states where the service will be offered; Advantages of instant...
- Outsiders to do what Sun can't: Speed up Java. Nerney, Chris // Network World;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Features the Java software with reference to the problems it has and looks at vendors attempts to develop their own methods for improving Java. Identification of the vendors who are developing improvements; Details on the problem with the Java software; Information on the release of Sun...
- Java vendors tooling up. Baron, Talila // PC Week;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p22
Reports that a number of vendors are introducing development tools for Java that will help users create and deploy intranet applications. Products from next Software Inc., Powersoft Corp., Ignite Technologies LLC, and Wallop Software Inc.; Details about the products; Contact points.
- Dimension X's Java tool brews `flexible' interface. Leach, Norvin // PC Week;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p22
States that Dimension X Corp. is shipping Liquid Motion Pro, a Java-based multimedia authoring tool with a customizable point-and-click interface. Details about the product; Contact point; Price.