Gravity Goes Commercial
- Grif brings collaborative authoring to the Web. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;5/8/95, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p5
Reports on Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) authoring vendor Grif's introduction of Symposia, a tool which supports hypertext authoring over the World Wide Web network. Structured authoring feature; Description of the three versions of Symposia; Distinguishing characteristics of...
- NetManage: Beyond TCP/IP. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;5/8/95, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Reports on NetManage's upgrading of its Chameleon TCP/IP Windows application to offer connections to mainframes and the World Wide Web information retrieval system.
- InText toolkit auto-indexes. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;5/8/95, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Reports on InText Systems' introduction of InText Precision, an automatic keyword-finding software toolkit that improves the automatic preparation of documents for the World Wide Web information retrieval system. Design of the software for application developers; Available versions; Product...
- Milktruck pulls Web data off-line. Wingfield, Nick // InfoWorld;2/5/96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p45
Reports on Milktruck LLC's unveiling of Milktruck Delivery, an add-on utility for World Wide Web browsers on Windows that allows users to capture Web pages for off-line browsing. Product capabilities; Target users; Available versions; Contact information.
- Jeepers! Veepers! Gibbs, Mark // Network World;9/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p34
Features Veepers software, a system for creating talking heads on the Web. Creation of a Veepers presentation; Proprietary ActiveX component.
- Developer tools. // Inter@ctive Week;01/12/98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p23
Presents product information on three developer tools for use on a public Web server. Description of the Net-It Now! 1.6 from Net-It Software Corporation, Hyperwire from Kinetix and V-Realm Builder 2.1 from Ligos Technology; Key features of the three products.
- Adobe PageMill: Grist for the PC. Sengstack, Jeff // PC World;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p113
Reviews Adobe's PageMill 2.0 World Wide Web page tool. Pros; Cons; Value; Street price; Vendor contact point.
- HTML editors. Negrino, Tom // Macworld;Mar97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p54
Evaluates two Web-authoring computer programs. Miracle Software's World Wide Web Weaver 2.0.2; Optima System's PageSpinner 1.2.2; The usefulness of hyper text markup language (HTML) editors in the products; Other product features; Pros and cons; Cost; Company contact points.
- HP lets users manage UPSes via the Web. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;9/23/96, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p48
Reports that Hewlett-Packard Co. in September 1996 announced that it will offer World Wide Web-based management of its PowerWise UPSes through The PowerWise Web Assistant. Features of the product; Comparisons with previous products; Contact point; Price.