Group Investigates CDMA
- A Systemfor Scanning Traffic Detection in 3G WCDMA Network. Sekwon Kim; Joohyung Oh; Chaetae Im // International Proceedings of Computer Science & Information Tech;2012, Vol. 30, p93
Recently, with explosion of smart phone users and increasing variety of mobile services, the 3G WCDMA wireless network had been changed to open type service structure from the closed type service structure. In open structure, any device which uses 3G service will be able to access to the...
- Nokia trials W-CDMA technology with M1. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p34
Focuses on Nokia Corp. and mobile operator M1's plan to begin field trials of third-generation wideband Code Division Multiple Access technology.
- The wider, the better. Emmett, Arielle, // Telecom Asia;06/01/97 Supplement, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p27
Talks about the use of wide code division multiple access (CDMA) for high-speed, multimedia applications. High-speed data and video transmission; Parallel use of wideband CDMA to digital wireless technologies; Advantage of wideband CDMA over narrowband in crowded urban and suburban areas.
- Thriving with 3G alternatives. Pickles, Mike // Wireless Asia;Sep2002, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p24
Features telecom services that are making harder the launch of 3G systems, particularly with W-CMDA, by improving the features of 2G and 2.5G. Subscribes of i-mode in Japan; Description of the i-BURST broadband internet access system developed by California-based ArrayComm; Technologies of...
- A New Fix. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;8/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p28
Reports on the popularity of the wireless code division multiple access (WCDMA)-based technology in the fixed-wireless broadband communications sector. Advantages of WCDMA; Challenges of bringing WCDMA equipment in the home; Technologies and products for WCDMA.
- The wider, the better. Emmett, Arielle // America's Network;2/1/97, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p32
Highlights the high-speed, multimedia applications of the wideband code division multiple access (CDMA). Air interface standards for wireless multimedia technology; Use of CDMA in parallel to evolving digital wireless technologies; Power balancing and spectrum usage.
- Modulated S-parameters support wideband test. Lukez, John; Metzger, Don // Test & Measurement World;Feb2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the support of modulated s-parameter measurements on broadband communication systems. Challenges of test techniques on the emergence of wireless standards; Lack of measurement technology on traditional s-parameter measurements; Power behavior of code-division multiple access. ...
- Qualcomm vaults into W-CDMA solution. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p4
Provides information on a wideband code-division multiple access (CDMA) solution introduced by Qualcomm Inc. for third-generation network. Several wireless carriers that supported Qualcomm's cdma2000 solution; Information on the company's MSM5200 mobile station modem.
- W-CDMA standard ready for commercial service, Nokia says. // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p34
Reports on the belief of Nokia Corp. that the wideband CDMA standard is ready for commercial service. Status of the CDMA standard; Maturity of the W-CDMA technology; Information on the worldwide Channel Accreditation Program (CAP) of the company.