Inattentive Driving Inches To Forefront
- The Cell Phone Trap. Grant, John // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p29
Comments on the ban on the use of cellphone while driving in New York City. Criticism on the ban on handheld cell pones while permitting the use of hands-free devices; Recommendation regarding the issue; Opinion on the industry players that supported the compromise.
- Law of the Rings. // Current Events;3/14/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 21, p3
Reports that New York City has passed a law related to cell phones. Amount of fine to be imposed on people who violates the law; Places where cell-phone conversations and ringing is prohibited.
- SeCom to regulate service quality under new decree. // Latin America Telecom;Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p2
The article informs that as per a new decree published in the Argentina's journal Official Gazette, Argentina's Secretaria de Comunicaciones (SeCom) has been empowered to tighten regulation of mobile telecommunication service quality in the country.
- SHORT REPORTS. Welsh, Christopher L.; Hopton, David // British Medical Journal;5/3/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6223, p1134
Comments on the advice about driving after herniorrhaphy. Management on groin hernias; Risk factors of driving a motor car; Disruption of a hernia repair by physical stress.
- Graduated licensing. Campbell, Stephen // Fleet Owner;Nov98, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p104
Discusses the establishment of graduated licensing programs, which encourage safe driving practices among young drivers in the United States. Details on a study determining whether a graduate license concept could work in trucking, conducted by the Office of Motor Carriers (OMC) at the...
- More lines on lanes. Smith, Karl // Engineer (00137758);Jan2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7642, p16
No abstract available.
- High risk on the highway. Messinger-Rapport, Barbara J.; Rader, Erin // Geriatrics;Oct2000, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p32
Presents information on the proposed guidelines directed at physicians to screen and treat impaired older drivers. Assessment of driving history and behavioral changes among older drivers; Ways to change driving behavior; Difficulties in counseling the impaired driver; Legal implications...
- Poll: 75% Favor Phone Restrictions. // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the poll findings on attitude toward restricting phone use while driving as of 2001. Concern about mobile phone use.
- Changes Coming Soon. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;11/2/98, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the issuance of negotiated regulation on amending 65-year-old hours-of-service rules by the Federal Highway Administration in the United States. Restriction on nighttime driving; Promotion of safety for drivers and carriers; Use of technology as mechanism to make the environment...