PSAPs: Where's The Cash?
- Nextel Proposes Throwing Cash at PSAPs. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p6
Reveals the amount that Nextel Communications Inc. is offering the public-safety community to help upgrade public-safety answering point facilities. Questions raised by the proposal to offer cash to public-safety entities; Response of the National Emergency Numbering Association to the...
- Next-Generation 9-1-1: The Essential Guide to Getting Started. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;2/26/2014, p4
The article focuses on the next-generation 911 issue surrounding the public-safety community in the U.S.
- Next-Gen 911. HAMILTON, JANET // Emergency Management;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p32
The article deals with the network-based approach of Charlotte County, Florida to a next-generation 911 (NG911) system. Obstacles to successfully migrate to a NG911 include the integration of new applications into existing systems and developing new funding models. The author says that with the...
- FirstNet's Johnson envisions new future role for PSAPs as 'first part of the investigation'. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;1/5/2016, p1
The article cites the need for public-safety answering points (PSAPs) to have an expanded role as first-responder communications migrate to FirstNet and next-generation 911 (NG911) given the expected explosion of multimedia data that will be available to public safety.
- Homeless man calls 911 from hot tub, seeks cocoa. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/4/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 210, pA5
The article offers information on an incident where a homeless man misuses the emergency reporting system, 911.
- Nextel proposes interference solution. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p32
Reports on Nextel Communications' proposal of a public-private partnership for the expansion, realignment and further protection of public safety communications in the United States. Proposed reallocation of the 800MHz band; Nextel's maintenance of its net spectrum allocation; Willingness to...
- Let's make a deal. Lesser, Roger // Mobile Radio Technology;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p48
Comments on Nextel Communications' proposal to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to expand, realign and further protect public safety communications. Framework for mitigating interference to public safety communications from commercial services at 800 MHz; Nextel's...
- Commenters give consensus plan thumbs down. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p13
Reports on the market reaction to a consensus proposal of Nextel Communications Inc. to rechannel public-safety radio systems. Stand of the State of Hawaii on the consensus plan, according to Governor Benjamin J. Cayetano (D-Hawaii); Details of the proposal; Companies which are in favor of the...
- E911 Funding Comes From Unique Source. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;5/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the move of the state of Georgia to use Tobacco settlement money to finance and install E911 facilities in rural counties. Lack of initiatives for the installation of E911 facilities at the U.S. local level; Concerns by state and federal officials that smaller municipalities too...