Virgin Mobile Looks For A Revolution
- Wireless Firms Step Up Calls to Teen Market. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;9/23/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p10
Deals with the shift of advertising focus by U.S. wireless firms on teens. Partnership between Sprint PCS with Virgin Mobile to launch an advertisement aimed at teens; Information on the advertisement launched by Boost Mobile; Move taken by Cingular to tap the teen market.
- Treading On Virgin Territory. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p22
Analyzes the mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) deal between Sprint PCS and Virgin Mobile. Implications of the agreement; History of MVNO in the U.S.; Skepticism against the business model; Requirements for MVNO to succeed.
- Sprint PCS, Virgin crawl to alliance. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on a brief issued by Sprint PCS confirming that Sprint and Virgin Mobile were in merger discussions, but no definitive agreement had been reached. Details on Virgin Mobile; Reason of Virgin Mobile in considering Sprint's network according to Jane Zweig, chief executive officer of The...
- Calling On The Youth Market. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;7/2/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p16
Ponders on the impact of the partnership of Sprint PCS with Virgin Mobile. Terms of the deal; Virgin's target market in the United States; Information on the small business service of Virgin.
- Who's in control? Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on speculations over the possible move of U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp. to outsource for network operators. It explains the implication of the rumored move for consumers' perception on the company. Analyst Pete Dailey of Stratecast believed that Sprint Nextel's...
- Sprint, MobileAccess to install in-building wireless system in new Las Vegas resort/casino. // RCR Wireless News;5/5/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p16
The artice reports that Sprint Nextel Corp. and MobileAccess have been chosen to deploy in-building wireless technology at the M Resort, Spa and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sprint will deliver a universal communications system for M Resort that will allow integrated access to wireless voice and...
- VIRGIN MOBILE LAUNCHES IN U.S. DESPITE INTERNATIONAL SETBACKS. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;06/24/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the launch of Virgin Mobile, a company specializing in wireless products and services, in the U.S. despite various setbacks, as of June 2002. Background on the company; Details on its marketing strategy; Challenges faced in the U.S. market; Product features.
- Put Your Best App Forward. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p18
Highlights the presentations made during the 2001 3GSM World Congress which focused on the migration to third-generation wireless networks. Details on the keynote presentation for Virgin Mobile's Virgin Xtras wireless Internet services; Features of the mobile chat application unveiled by...
- Sprint Nextel renews Syniverse contract. // RCR Wireless News;9/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p18
This article reports on the decision of Sprint Nextel Corp. to renew a contract with Syniverse Technologies Inc. that calls for the company to provide back-office and network-related capabilities for wireless voice roaming services, as of September 19, 2005. The renewed contract calls for...