Task Force To Review DTV Moves
- Powell Sets DTV Carriage Agenda. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p22
Reports on the decision of chairman Michael Powell of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) toward the digital television transition in the U.S. Intention of FCC to vote on the critical issues of the industry; Requirements for television stations; Number of hours allowed for...
- DTV Deadline Put on Hold. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;12/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p19
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to force broadcasters to convert to digital signal distribution from the current analog system no later than January 1, 2009. The plan apparently was put on indefinite hold and agency sources said it is now...
- Top-10 MSOs pledge support to Powell's plan. // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
Reports the decision to support the voluntary digital television plan of U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell. Commitment of the operators to support Powell; List of digital television supporters; Plan to include commercial and public television on digital television.
- FCC may create DTV task force. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to create a task force in an effort to boost the digital television (DTV). Plan to create a task force as a way to advance FCC Chairman Michael Powell's interest in boosting the agency oversight of the DTV...
- Market Should Set DTV Issues, Powell Says. Dickson, Glen // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Presents the views of Federal Communications Commission commissioner Michael Powell on issues regarding digital television in the United States. Implementation of the 1996 Telecommunication Act; Enforcement of federal regulations; Proposal for the return of the analog broadcast spectrum.
- Is America's DTV on the road again? Dick, Brad // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the support given by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell on the development of the digital television system.
- Powell Hits Windy City, Warns Against Blowing It. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p1
Reports the views of the Federal Communications Commission Chairman, Michael Powell regarding the effects of abusing the market power of the digital television industry in the United States. Concerns over the maintenance of competition among cable operators; Contributions of the industry to...
- FCC's Powell Pushes DTV Transition Plan. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Reports the introduction of initiative for the digital television by chairman Michael Powell in Washington, D.C. Key proposal of the digital TV plan; Consideration of the plan as voluntary; Schedule for the effectivity of the plan.
- Powell's Proposal Is A Start. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10
Comments on the voluntary plan for digital television of chairman Michael Powell in the U.S. Analysis on the voluntary aspect of the proposal; Reaction of the broadcast, cable, and consumer electronics industries to the voluntary plan; Issues related to digital TV tuners.