MobileStar's Time Burns Out
- MobileStar closes shop. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the closure of MobileStar Network Corp. Reason for the closure of the company; Statement from Starbucks Coffee Co. on the closure of MobileStar; Cost of MobileStar's services.
- NEWS. // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p5
Presents news related to wireless communication business as of November 12, 2001. Settlement in the NextWave Telecom Inc. case; Resumption of the operations of wireless Internet service provider MobileStar Networks after announcing that it will dismiss employees and shutting down its network.
- In Other News... // Wireless Review;12/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p14
Presents a series of news about telecommunication companies. Services to supplied by the MobileStar company for Hilton hotels; Markets that have wireless service of Teligent; Jobs expected by BellSouth Mobility to make from the wireless services they launched in twenty-two countries.
- MobileStar works with restaurateur to keep patrons connected. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p34
Reports on Texas-based MobileStar Network Corp.'s collaboration with California-based One Market Restaurant to provide wireless Internet connectivity to its patrons.
- HP, MobileStar enter access agreement. // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p4
Focuses on the agreement between Hewlett-Packard (HP) and MobileStar Network Corp. which allows HP mobile computer users to access MobileStar Wi-Fi public access locations throughout the United State. Coverage of the agreement.
- VoiceStream Purchase Gives MobileStar Second Shot. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p6
Reports on the decision of VoiceStream Wireless, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, to purchase the bankrupt wireless local area network provider MobileStar Network Corporation. Significance of the purchase to MobileStar; Services which VoiceStream is capable to give through the deal;...
- 'Net access in public places hard hit by terror. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy; Cox, John // Network World;10/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p1
Reports on impact of the September 11 terrorist attack on public access networking. Failure of MobileStar Network and Ardent communications to provide service to hotels; Condition of Ardent communication before the terrorist attack; Impact of the unavailability of MobileStar Network service in...
- 802.11b: competition or complementary? Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the competition of wireless carriers in the 802.11b standard. Plans of Verizon Wireless Inc. for the technology; Complementary tie between fixed and mobile wireless networks demonstrated by MobileStar Network Corp.; Service offered by NTT DoCoMo.
- MobileStar raises $38M in second-round financing. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p37
Focuses on the venture capital funding received by MobileStar Network Corp. Terms of the capital funding.