Another Loss Is Forecast
- The Turnaround Point. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the financial condition of Motorola Inc. Losses posted by Motorola in the second quarter of 2001; Information on the downsizing efforts of the company; Products launched by the company; Details of the restructuring plan of the company.
- Motorola Reports Q4, FY Losses, Lower Revenues. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on Motorola's financial results for the 2008 fiscal year. The company's sales for the year dropped 17.7 percent to $30.2 billion. The full-year net loss increased to $4.16 billion from 2007's $49 million loss. Its first-quarter 2009 cellular handset sales is expected to...
- Motorola to cut 2,500 workers. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p29
Reports on the organizational downsizing of telephone maker Motorola Inc. Dismissal of a number of employees at the Schaumburg, Illinois plant; Shutdown of the Harvard plant; Provision of severance and outplacement benefits to eligible employees.
- Motorola poised for more cuts. // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the plan of Motorola Inc. for another round of downsizing. Purpose of the downsizing; Review on the final restructuring of the company; Business losses posted by Motorola in 2001.
- Motorola to cut 7,000. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/1/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p42
Reports on the retrenchment of employees from Motorola Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Part to the corporate reorganization; Financial source for restructuring costs.
- Layoffs begin striking at EE staffs. Costlow, Terry // South Carolina Business Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2
Reports the retrenchment of employees by Motorola Inc. in Schaumburg, Illinois. Inclusion of engineers to the retrenchment; Impact of retrenchment to recruitment of employees; Consistency of demand for engineers despite retrenchment.
- Scottish plant avoids worst of Motorola 7,000 job cull. Druce, Chris // Electronics Weekly;7/3/2002, Issue 2059, p10
Reports on the workforce reduction plan of Motorola company. Impact of the workforce reduction on the business operations of the company; Sales expectations of the company.
- Motorola cuts more jobs. // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the job cuts made by Motorola Inc. as of September 2001.
- 2001 to be Motorola's first full year of losses. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the consecutive business and financial losses of Motorola Inc. for 2001. Sources of Motorola's losses; Remarks from Robert Growney, president and chief operating officer of Motorola Inc.; Overview of General Packet Radio Service-based cellular telephones; Description of the company's...