- Muni prices level in `anemic' action as players await new-money deals. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market on November 14, 1997 which saw tax-exempt secondary prices close without change after lagging a rise in Treasuries earlier in the session. Traders' assessment of the market; Modest gains seen in the bid-wanted lists; Little...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p33
Several charts are presented depicting the U.S. market statistics including market indicators, short-term tax-exempt yields, and municipal bond index.
- Most Weekly Indexes Decline as Munis Follow Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p7
The article reports on municipal bond yields for the week ending October 18, 2007 in the U.S. During the week, most of the weekly yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" dropped as municipal bonds followed Treasuries. The market was unchanged on October 12 as economic data came in mixed, while...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32462, p36
Several charts that depict the market statistics of various U.S. companies are presented including the short-term tax-exempt yields, The Bond Buyer Indexes covering the average municipal bond yields, and The Bond Buyer municipal bond index as of September 7, 2006.
- The New Look of Municipal Bonds. Godwin, Michael E. // American Bar Association Journal;Dec82, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p1580
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds. Importance of tax-free income; Use of municipal bonds for public infrastructure; Benefits of using tax-exempt bonds; Types of municipal bonds.
- Teamwork helps solve rebate riddles. Majors, George // American City & County;Mar1996, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p10
Reports on various issues concerning the administrative and economic implications of the arbitrage rebate requirement for tax-exempt bonds of municipalities in the United States. Imposition of the requirement to curb abuses of the federal interest cost subsidy; Definition of arbitrage profit;...
- SUMMARIES OF PAPERS IN THIS VOLUME. Petersen, John E.; Capeci, John; Metcalf, Gilbert E.; Kenyon, Daphne A.; Feenberg, Daniel R.; Poterba, James M.; Holtz-Eakin, Douglas; Hulten, Charles R.; Schwab, Robert M. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p5
Presents several abstracts of articles regarding tax-exempt securities. "Innovation in Tax-Exempt Instruments and Transactions," by John E. Petersen; "Private Guarantees for Municipal Bonds: Evidence From the Aftermarket," by John M. Quigley and Daniel L. Rubinfeld; "Credit Risk, Credit Ratings,...
- Lawmakers Warn Treasury on Tax-Exempt Bond Limits. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p8
The article reports on the warning set out by federal lawmakers and the Clearing House Association to the Treasury Department concerning tax-exempt bond limits in the U.S. Treasury is advised to avoid any rule-making that could further restrict banks from purchasing tax-exempt bonds. This is in...
- Munis Weaken Following Holiday Weekend. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33199, p2
The article reports on the trends in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It states that the municipal bond market weakened after a holiday weekend in October 2009 and traders claim that tax-exempt yields in the secondary market rose to about three or four basis points. A New York trader stated...