Dallas City Council Agrees to Funding for Pair of TIF Projects
- HANO breaks ground on St. Thomas development. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p37
Reports on the controversy regarding the Saint Thomas residential construction project in New Orleans, Louisiana. Financial resources to repay the tax increment financing bonds; Complaints from civil groups about the traffic generated by Wal-Mart; Cost of the construction project.
- Intricacies of the Domestic Manufacturers Deduction. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Mar2005, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p24
The article presents detailed interim guidance from the Internal Revenue Service of the U.S. on the deduction for income attributable to domestic production activities that was enacted as Section 199 by the "American Jobs Creation Act." The deduction, effective for taxable years beginning after...
- The Town that Loves to TIF. Lehrer, Eli // Governing;Sep1999, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p44
Discusses the use of tax increment financing (TIF) by Chicago, Illinois to finance real estate and building construction projects as of September 1999. Explanation about TIF; Building construction boom in the city; Problems wit TIF; Estimate on the amount of infrastructure bond issued by the...
- Pawlenty Plan. // Construction Bulletin;4/16/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the legislative hearing concerning Governor Tim Pawlenty's stadium construction plan in Minnesota. Approval given the House Government and Metropolis Affairs committee for the construction plan; Estimated total cost of the proposed athletic stadium; Imposition of a tax increment...
- High-rise project uses innovative financing. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/17/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the innovative financing for the construction of a twin tower in Las Vegas, Nevada adopted by Fifield Cos. Problems encountered by real property developers in financing such projects; Terms of the construction loan secured by the company in partnership with ABF Realty and Investments...
- Pulse. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/19/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p43
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. construction industry. Tecton Architects Inc. was selected by AI Engineers to design their new $40-million technology center. The Minnesota Economic Development Board recommends approval of a tax increment financing application from Knute Nelson for...
- TIF Time? Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the legislation allowing the use of tax increment financing for redevelopment purposes in West Virginia. Procedures in holding public hearings; Ways to amortize debt to pay off bonds; Opportunity to attract business investments.
- The Trouble With TIFs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p1
Reports issues concerning the tax increment financing for transportation improvements in Manhattan, New York City. Development of plan for specific improvements in the area; Increase in the property tax revenue from assessed property in the district; Implications of the bond having not been...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the need for a tax increment financing at Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Proposition of tax incrementation from the White administration; Allocation of property taxes for street improvement; Encouragement of prospective of investors.