Municipal Bonds Finish Steady Amid Treasury Market Volatility
- Yield Indexes Rise, Getting Little Rest After Long Holiday Weekend. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;9/7/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31219, p38
Reports the status of the Bond Buyer's 20-bond index of general obligation (GO) yields in the United States. Increase of the GO yields; Decline in the manufacturing index of the National Association of Purchasing Management from July to August 2001; Percentage of unemployment; Growth in the...
- Last Resort? Iversen, Wes // Quality;Feb2002, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p6
Assesses the job losses and mass layoffs of factory workers in the United States manufacturing industry in 2001. Forecast on unemployment rate in 2002; Alternative measures instituted by manufacturers to save jobs; Costs of massive layoffs.
- How to Protect Manufacturing Jobs. Waddell, Bill // Business Forum;Spring86, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the preservation of manufacturing jobs in the United States. Ways in which firms who contract with foreign firms for manufacturing may be creating a new competitor; Adverse effects of protectionism that are manifested to consumers; Need for attitudinal changes regarding...
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Apr2001, p12
Presents several charts depicting the conditions of the labor market in the United States. Labor conditions of manufacturing and help-supply services industry; Details on the increase in unemployment rate; Decline in the employment-to-population ratio.
- Indiana bleeding jobs through manufacturing. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p15A
The article presents a study released by Brookings Institution's Metropolitan Policy Program which shows that states in the Great Lakes region are bearing the brunt of U.S. manufacturing job losses.
- The Economy Gains Steam. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/22/2014, pA01
3 Manufacturing is ramping up. Markit's PMI for Aug. hit a 4-year high of 58.0, with output and new order gauges rising strongly. The Philadelphia Fed survey rose to 28.0, the highest since March 2011, largely on future expectations. Jobless claims declined by 14,000 to settle back below...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Greenspan, Alan; Barnett, Chip; Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p2
No abstract available.
- U.S. employment rate rises, but doesn't give whole story. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p49A
Focuses on the economic slowdown of the United States. Percentage increase of the national unemployment rate; Growth in social and health services; Expectation of rebound in manufacturing employment.
- From The TM3 Wire. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;10/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30492, p2
Presents extracts from stories run under `The Bond Buyer Wire' on October 2, 1998. Unemployment rate in September; New orders for factory goods and inventories in August; Moody's Investors' raising of ratings of the general obligation bonds by the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts.