NEWS IN BRIEF
- Cooperation fundamental to unemployment tax bill. Cassidy, Joel T. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the passage of the South Carolina Chamber Business Agenda legislation which modifies the structure of unemployment insurance rate. Premium employer contribution rates; State reserve fund; Ranking in trust fund reserves.
- Ill. jobless bank heads for the red. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p1
Reports the decline in the state unemployment insurance trust fund in Illinois. Estimates on the percentage of decline; Impact of the decline on business organizations; Impetus to the decline.
- Kent Health Plan Helps Small Businesses. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/24/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p4
Discusses the benefits of the Kent County Board of Commissioners and the Alliance for Health's health insurance program for the unemployed on small businesses in Michigan. Overview of the Kent Health Plan coverage; Benefits of the program for Michigan residents.
- Turkey's unemployment insurance claims up 28 pct in January. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;3/16/2015, p33
The article reveals that initial claims for unemployment insurance in Turkey rose by 28 percent in January 2015, according to the Turkish Employment Organization.
- Companies cheer state unemployment tax cut. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/23/96, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p24
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio, companies' support for the scheduled cut in state unemployment compensation taxes in 1997. Beneficiaries of the reduction includes Shoreline Contractors Inc.; TRW Inc.
- fwbusinesspress.com. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/13/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p8
This section offers news briefs related to business in Fort Worth, Texas as of December 2010 including the objection of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Railway to a published investigative story about the penalties that it received for legal misconduct, the results of a survey about the...
- In Brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/19/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p7
The article offers news brief related to businesses in New Hampshire including the 0.5 percent reduction of unemployment insurance tax paid by employers, a $750,000 National Science Foundation grant for the University of New Hampshire researchers, and the approval of a cell tower project funding.
- New York companies pay for busted funds. SICHKO, ADAM // Buffalo Law Journal;8/1/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 61, p1
The article reports that business enterprises in New York has 3.3 billion dollars in debt to the federal government due to the broke fund loan to pay unemployment benefits during the economic recession, in which they will pay an additional 95 million dollars in interest in 2011.
- Commentary. Sargent, Timothy C. // Economic Policy Review (19320426);Aug2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p81
Comments on an article by Wayne Vroman concerning the unemployment insurance (UI) financing and the 2001 recession in the U.S. Views on UI financing; Issue of severity of the 2001 recession; Ways to assess the extent to which UI counteracts the impact of recessions; Conclusion on the paper of...