- Cautious job market for legal professionals. // Office Professional;Feb2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the result of the 2010 Salary Guide survey conducted by leading staffing service firm, Robert Half Legal, which states that despite the gradual market recovery, law firms have been cautious in terms of having additional staff in the U.S.
- Firms Still Hiring Despite Recession. Hupp, Michael // State Journal (WV);1/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the continuous hiring of several law firms in West Virginia amidst the global financial recession.
- Success With Summer Associates. Hinkel, Daniel F. // ABA Journal;Apr87, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p66
Discusses the benefits of summer programs to the recruitment of lawyers by law firms in the U.S. Opportunity for law firms to evaluate potential associates; Chance for prospective associates to make well-informed career decisions; Policy implications on lawyers and law firms.
- How Law Firms Select Partners. Lynch II, William F. // ABA Journal;Oct84, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p65
Discusses the ins and outs of the selection of partner lawyers by law firms in the U.S. Objective factors involved in the selection process for partners; Subjective factors behind the appointment of partners in law firms; Policy implications on lawyers and law firms.
- McLane firm names three new directors. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/09/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p20
Presents the appointed directors of law firm McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton in Manchester, New Hampshire. Jeanmarie Papelian; John E. Rich Jr.; John E. Hughes.
- Kennedys merger heralds Manchester launch. Dowell, Katy // Lawyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the launching of the firm Kennedys in Manchester, England. The launching was preceded by the hiring of three lawyers from Halliwells and merging with Kershaw Abbott Solicitors in Great Britain. The firm will be based in Kershaw Abbott's existing offices, wherein Kennedys'...
- Firms shouldn't just talk the talk on 'class' diversity. Siddall, Nicholas // Lawyer;1/10/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p6
In this article, the author discusses the need for law firms in Great Britain to reconsider their standard for employee selection, particularly if it includes a race discriminatory effect, to avoid the risk of legal proceedings.
- Connecting With Friends New and Old Is a Great Motivator. King, Jennifer E. // Corporate Legal Times;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 91, p10
Presents news briefs pertaining to law firms in the United States as of June 1999. Includes the Minority Corporate Counsel Association's Diversity 2000 Award Dinner in Chicago, Illinois; Jack A. Vanwoerkom as Staples Inc.'s vice president; Other executive appointments.
- Rivkin nabs 3 in raid on McMillan. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/10/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the decision of Rivkin Radler law firm to hire two partners and an associate in New York. Loss of high-profile attorneys to Meyer, Suozzi, English & Klein firm; Contributions of the hired partners and associate on the corporate practice of the firm; Concentration of the company in...