Cash-Strapped and Facing Budget Deadline, Oklahoma Looks at Bonds
- Federal personal income tax liabilities and payments, 1995-96. Park, Thae S. // Survey of Current Business;Dec98, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p22
Presents the estimates of the federal personal income tax liabilities and payments of year 1995-96 in the United States. Derivation and use of the estimates of tax liabilities in assessing liabilities estimates; Sources of the differences between liabilities and payments and revisions of the...
- Budget Size Effects on the Optimal Linear Income Tax. Garfinkel, Irwin; Moreland, Kemper; Sadka, Efraim // Southern Economic Journal;Jul86, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p187
This study examines the effects of the government budget on the optimal linear income tax. The size of government spending is a popular political topic. Some politicians argue for a decrease in the government's role as a purchaser of goods and services. Others see the necessity for an expanding...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p29
Reports developments on bond use as of May 2002 in the U.S. Exemption of corporation from federal income taxation; Decrease in the revenue of Atlanta; Plan selling of general obligation bonds by the city of Atlanta.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p37
Reports developments on bond issues in the U.S. as of September 2002. Amount of general obligation bonds for construction project payments in Chicago, Illinois; Removal of the top opponents to a casino in Rosemont from the Illinois Gaming Board by Governor George Ryan; Amount of tax revenue...
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Jun2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p32
Presents statistical information on U.S. federal finance in the first quarter of 2003 in comparison with the previous years. Federal receipts, outlays and debt; Receipts from individual income taxes and social insurance; Amount of current receipts and current expenditures.
- Report: States Face Shortfalls in Income Tax Collections. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/13/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F323, p1
The article offers information that the Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government, a government finance research institute, has reported shortfalls faced by U.S. states in personal income tax collections in 2014. Topics include a 7.1 percent decrease in personal income taxes during...
- Red tape in the tax law is cause enough to worry now. Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p46
Explains the changes resulting from the tax bill passed by the United States Congress in May, 2001. Provisions of the law with respect to families, education, retirement, estate planning and investing; How changes to the tax code may affect income tax returns.
- "Millionaires" Income Taxes. Henchman, Joseph // Journal of State Taxation;May/Jun2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the millionaires income taxes among the states in the U.S. It predicts that federal aid to the states will become a more vulnerable for cut as Democrats commit to the decreasing federal obligations over budget. It is expected that the taxes will have negative effects on...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p29
Reports developments related public finance in the U.S. Southeast region. Plan of Miami-Dade County to issue aviation revenue bonds; Decline of total revenue collections in the state of Georgia; Refusal of the Kentucky County Debt Commission over the proposed bond anticipation note deal for the...