Latest Threat to West Virginia Pension Bond Sale: Rising Rates
- West Haven, Conn., Readies $67 Million Pension Bond Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p3
Reports the plan of West Haven to sell $67.3 million in insured taxable bonds in Connecticut. Importance of taxable bonds in police pension fund; Status of the municipal bond deals; Increase of the unfunded pension liability.
- Los Angeles bond offering likely to be dead. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;4/18/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the precariousness of the plan of the Los Angeles County to release the funds needed to settle its pension obligation bonds. Comments from Robert Hermann, a trustee on the Los Angeles County Employees' Retirement Association; County's accusal of pension trustees increasing retirement...
- Dull markets blunt indexing growth. Schramm, Sabine // Pensions & Investments;2/6/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p44
Reports on the performance of indexed assets managed by leading index fund managers in the six months ended December 1, 1994. Domestic fixed-income assets; Salomon Broad Bond Index; Domestic equity indexed assets; Return on the Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe, Australasia Far East...
- No easy-money arbitrage in pension bonds. Surz, Ronald J. // Pensions & Investments;4/4/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the tendency of pension obligation bonds (POB) to purportedly arbitrage high actuarial interest against currently low borrowing rates. POBs as a leveraging of pension investments; Factors that affect payment of pension liabilities; Need for the proceeds to be invested in...
- Pittsburgh to sell $250 million of pension bonds in second Internet offering. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/15/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30311, p3
Reports on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania City Council's approval for a $250 million taxable pension bond obligation issue to be sold through an Internet auction on February 3, 1998. Expected savings for the city; Details on bond insurance; Details of the deal; Bidding options for investors.
- Funding pension funds. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p1
Reports that municipalities' interest in selling taxable bonds to restock lagging pension fund has not subsided in New England since the first round of borrowers come to market. Issuers' wait for a more favorable interest rate; Massachusetts communities' plan to issue pension obligation bonds.
- High-yield bonds may get place at the table. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;6/13/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p17
Presents high-yield bonds as an investment choice for pension trust managers. Benefits of investing in high yield; Recommended percentage of fixed income to invested in bonds.
- Super funds warm to global bonds. Bright, Greg // BRW;10/15/99, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p129
Comments on the viability of superannuation funds in Australia in the global bonds market according to analysts. Stability of the Australian funds' use of a `balanced' investment approach; Capacity of the funds to have more higher-risk assets in other areas.
- Swiss fund may move bonds to outside managers. // Pensions & Investments;7/11/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p28
Reports that Swiss franc Canton of St. Gallen pension fund may move a portfolio of non-Swiss bonds.