California Voters to Face $3.4B in Water GOs
- Arizona Town Trying to Take Water Matter Into Its Own Hands. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p6
Reports that Cave Creek, Arizona is asking voters to approve up to $50 million in revenue bonds to purchase and expand the existing water and sewer system. Aspects of Proposition 402 which voters need to approve in an election set for May 17, 2005; Town's negotiation with the owner of Cave Creek...
- City plans to reissue $110M in Waterworks bonds. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p15A
The article discusses the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bank's preparation to reissue $100 million worth of bonds related to the Indianapolis Waterworks. It states that the City-Council's Administration and Finance Committee is regarding the Bond Bank's proposal, which stems from the...
- GIT2014 Conference. Laurs, Brendan M. // Journal of Gemmology;2015, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p446
The article discusses the International Gem and Jewelry Conference hosted by jeweler organization Gem and Jewelry Institute of Thailand (GIT) held in Chiang Mai, Thailand from December 8-9, 2015.
- Funding. Nolan, Bruce // Journal: American Water Works Association;May2007, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p42
The article reports on a trend in which local governments and municipal governments in growing communities and cities seek alternative options for financing water-supply engineering, waterworks, and wastewater treatment projects in the U.S. Municipal finance options include grants-in-aid, state...
- S&P Upgrades $2.1B of California DWR Debt to AAA. Saskal, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/17/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32836, p28
The article reports on the upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to the water revenue bonds of the California Department of Water Resources to AAA from AA. The rating agency said that the upgrade reflects the increasing essentiality of Central Valley Project water to the state, which...
- Water system streamlined in three steps. // American City & County;Nov94, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p54
Reports on the automated maintenance management of the Colorado Spring, Colorado's water resources department. Mechanism of the computer system used by the department; Accurate and timely monitoring; Savings; Equipment for water treatment and quality testing.
- Planning and protecting `The Great Man-Made River Project.' // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on The Great Man-Made River Project, a construction project. Plans for project; Project management/planning; Changes.
- A water supply development project in Quiescapa, Bolivia. Yates, Larry D. // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1997, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p20
Features the water supply development project in Quiescapa, Bolivia developed through the efforts of Andean Rural Health Care and Water For People. Development of potable water supply as its main objective; Participation of residents in the project; Fear of change, environmental equity and...
- As federal programs slow, locally funded work grows. Soast, Allen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/27/97, Vol. 238 Issue 4, p80
Examines water supply construction projects in the United States in 1997. Includes Corps of Engineers dam projects on the Ohio River; Tennessee Valley Authority's plan to build a replacement lock at its Chickamauga Dam; Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's tunnel construction to supply the...