S&P: Calif. Schools Can Withstand Deferral
- Illinois Legislators Approve Aid Delay. // Education Week;6/2/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p2
The article reports that Illinois General Assembly has passed and sent the legislation to Illinois Governor James Thompson, to defer 126.4 million dollars in state-aid payments to local school districts form fiscal year 1982 to next. Thompson administration sought the measure to ease expected...
- Calif. Controller To Disburse Funds Governor Impounded. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;9/5/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p30
The article announces that Governor George Deukmejian would begin sending school districts funds he had impounded from the education budget in California. State Controller Gray Davis would pay the public schools the full amount they had been slated to receive. Davis urged that Deukmejian's...
- California Schools Feeling the Pinch. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/25/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p9
The article focuses on the report from the Legislative Analyst's Office (LAO) which shows the reduction in general fund spending and its impact on school funding in California. It states that budget writers and lawmakers use deferrals to limit budget cuts in K-12 schools. It discusses Governor...
- Message to the Congress transmitting a budget rescission. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p386
Focuses on the United States President's message to Congress, on March 19, 1997, reporting a proposed rescission of budgetary resources which affects the Department of Energy.
- Drug-free schools continue to sway in Capitol Hill wind. // Alcoholism Report;May95, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
Reports on plans of the US Congress' to resolve the issue of rescissions to the budget for the 1995 fiscal year. Elimination of $16 billion from government spending; Increase in spending for welfare, education and social programs; Impact on drug-free schools in the country.
- A glossary of federal budget `terms of art'. Oliphant, Anne-Louise // Health Systems Review;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
Presents a glossary of terms and jargon used in the Congressional budget process. Building blocks of the Republican Party (GOP) program `Contract with America'; Balanced Budget Amendment; Quadrennial Commission on Social Security; Role of the Congressional Budget Office; Rescission law.
- Message to the Congress transmitting budget rescissions. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;02/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p198
Presents the text of the message delivered by United States President Bill Clinton to the Congress concerning rescission proposals of budgetary resources for fiscal 1995 and 1996. Number of proposals; Total value of the proposals; Agencies affected.
- Earlier Executive Uses Of Impoundment. // Congressional Digest;Apr73, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p100
Examines the early executive uses of impoundment by U.S. presidents. Franklin Roosevelt as the first president to make extensive use of the impounding device; Selective use of impoundment in the demobilization program in the years following World War II; Impoundments during the administration...
- Development grants: deferred payments. // Accountancy;Aug1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1032, p32
Focuses on the issuance of the memorandum on Budget decision to defer payment of regional development grants in Great Britain. Specification of the date of the notification; Calculation of the amount due; Need for protracted enquiries.