Oregon Voters Say Yes to $200 Million Tobacco Deal
- Federal receipts, outlays, and debt. // Economic Indicators;Nov95, p32
Presents a tabulation of federal receipts, outlays and debt in the United States from 1976 to fiscal year 1996. Period; Total receipts; Total outlays; Total surplus or deficit; On- and off-budget receipts; On- and off-budget outlays; On- and off-budget surplus or deficit; Gross Federal debt.
- Eat, be merry--and sock it to the kids. Jacobs Jr., Andy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/5/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p17
Comments on the growing problem of the national debt in the United States. Estimates of how much the existing national debt will grow; Absence of proof to the government's claims that it will expect a fiscal surplus; Flaws in the proposals of tax cuts among advocates.
- 3d-quarter record due to muni-treasury ratio, stocks' wild ride. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30544, p7
Reports on the rise in total outstanding municipal debt in the United States in the third quarter of 1998. Impact of the stock market correction of July and August and favorable municipal-to-Treasury spread; Improvement in the credit quality of state and local governments; Municipal holdings in...
- What Should We Do About the Debt Limit? Bratter, Herbert // Banking;Feb67, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p62
Discusses the issue of statutory public debt limit in the United States. Negative views on the issue; Favorable views on the issue; Information on the nature of the public debt and finance in the U.S.; Economic effects of public debt limit.
- GOP eyes repeal of Gephardt rule. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;12/14/96, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p2706
Reports that US House Republicans are mulling the repeal of Gephardt rule, which is intended to avoid politically painful votes on increasing the federal debt ceiling. Referral of the proposal to the Republican Policy Committee; Procedure for carrying out the proposed change.
- After Increase in National Debt limit, SLGS Are Back on Sale. Ackerman, Andrew; McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p1
The article reports on the resumption of sales for State and Local Government Series (SLGS) securities after an increase in national debt in the U.S. According to Frederic R. Ballard of Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll LLP, the procedure would allow issuers to deal with SLGS closures in a...
- DOMESTIC FINANCIAL STATISTICS Federal Finance. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Nov2002, Vol. 88 Issue 11, pA25
Presents a chart depicting federal financing in the u.S. Total amount of federal debt subject to statutory limitations; Accounts on the total gross public debt of the U.S. Treasury; Details on the transactions conducted by the U.S. Government Securities dealers.
- Debt management as debt is dramatically lowered: The case of the United States. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec99, Vol. 1999 Issue 2, p163
Highlights the issues concerning the management of gross government debt in United States. Roles and uses of government debt in financial markets; Policy options in an environment of declining net debt; General government share of total bond debt in selected Organization for Economic...
- Municipal Bonds Add Fuel to the Fire. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 135 Issue 2739, p6
The article reports an increase in issues of municipal bonds in the U.S. About 39 percent of the total is state, while 61 percent is local, points out Chris Edwards, director of Tax Policy Studies at the Cato Institute in Washington, D.C. There are two main types of municipal bonds, general...