Banc One Gets Its Man In Saffold
- Solly bankers have few options in wake of Dimon's ouster. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 45, p8
Reports on the lack of career options available to Salomon Smith Barney investment bankers who would like to leave the company for more stable jobs at other firms. List of top executives who departed the firm following Smith Barney's merger with Salomon Brothers; Level of uncertainty at other...
- Salomon's co-head of equity capital markets abruptly quits. Garrity, Brian; Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p3
States that Terry Fitzgerald, co-head of equity capital markets at Salomon Smith Barney, with reference to the merger of the company with Salomon Brothers. Background information on Fitzgerald; Impact of Fitzgerald's resignation on the company; Reasons for the resignation.
- De Carvalho named vice chairman at Salomon SB. Cooper, Ron // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/10/99, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the appointment of investment banker Michel de Carvalho as vice chairman of Salomon Smith Barney. De Carvalho's role as vice chairman of the Nikko Salmon Smith Barney joint venture; Career in sports; History of de Carvalho's career in finance.
- After a long search, Salomon finds a successor to Lorello. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/21/99, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p3
Reports on Salomon Smith Barney's hiring of David MacCallum, ING Baring's top healthcare banker, to lead the firm's effort to rebuild its vaunted healthcare investment banking franchise. Hiring of Margaret McKenna from ING Baring's to hold the position of managing director at Salomon;...
- TOP INVESTMENT BROKERS. Shankar, Amita // Business News New Jersey;3/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p24
Presents a chart depicting the ranks of investment brokers in New Jersey. Year for the establishment of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Number of brokers of Salomom Smith Barney in the state; Name of senior executive at Morgan Stanley & Co.
- In banking's starless firmament, Eduardo Mestre quietly shines. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p21
Features Eduardo Mestre, Salomon Smith Barney's investment banking co-head and said to be one of the telecommunications industry's pre-eminent deal makers. Mestre's role in some of the biggest telecom deals in 1998; Building of franchise of Salomon.
- A Young Heretic in Private Equity Spurs Salomon SB's Rise in Europe. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/22/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p18
Features Salomon Smith Barney's Michael Klein. Recipient of 'Investment Dealers' Digest' journal's Banker of the Year award; Firm's merger with merchant bank Schroders PLC; Career background; Penchant for original and sometimes heretical thinking.
- On-Again, Off-Again IPOs. Serwer, Andy // Fortune;7/20/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p191
Reports on several stories involving the United States economy and stock exchanges. The failure of Salomon Smith Barney to place National Equipment Services' stock; Whether National Equipment was a bad deal for Salomon; Comments of IPO Reporter editor John Fitzgibbon; Why National Equipment...
- Financial in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p18
Reports on global developments related to finance in the chemicals industry as of June 2, 2003. Plan of Deutsche Bank Securities Corp. analyst John Moten to leave the company after almost three years in the firm covering the major chemicals group; Decision of Salomon Smith Barney Inc. to...