- Then and now: Dems, Republicans sing different tunes on the budget. Cusack, Bob; Anderson, Natalee // Hill;4/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p6
The article discusses the opinions of the Democratic and Republican lawmakers on the use of a filibuster-proof budget maneuver for the passing of controversial legislations in the U.S.
- California Legislature OKs Budget With Some Holes. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;6/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33733, p1
The article offers information the budget bill passed by the lawmakers of California.
- BBA relief must be Congress' top priority. // AHA News;12/04/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 47, p10
Editorial. Talks about the passage of the Balanced Budget Act (BBA) relief, the must be the United States Congress' top legislative agenda. Reason for the request of some Senate Republicans to Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott to remove BBA relief from the tax bill; Factors inhibiting health...
- Build momentum at home. // AHA News;08/07/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p10
Editorial. Offers observations on the Balanced Budget Act (BBA) relief in the United States. Advice on how to support the legislation; Number of BBA relief signatures and petitions that are sent to Washington each week.
- New Mexico governor, lawmakers limit special session to budget process. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/27/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30380, p3
Reports on the special legislative session called by New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. Johnson's preference to limit the debate to key budget issues; End to the push to issue bonds to buy two private prisons; Push of the Legislature for American Indian tribe-run casinos to comply with requirements.
- Deficit attention disorder. Hazlett, Thomas W. // Reason;May97, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p66
Opinion. Presents the author's view on Balanced Budget Amendment (BBA). Implication of the amendment on legislators; What President Bill Clinton suggests regarding the balancing of budget; Claims on Clinton's Congressional budget; Comment of Herb Stein, chief economist of Nixon on balancing of...
- California Lawmakers Race to OK Budget and Save Theft Paychecks. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;6/15/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33533, p3
The article reports that California lawmakers are catching the deadline for the passing of a balanced budget.
- Hospitals fear repercussions of Boren Amendment repeal. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the impact of the repealing of the Boren Amendment of the 1997 Balance Budget Act on hospitals in the United States. Use of existing administrative procedures process; Public hearings held to share proposed and final changes of the legislation.
- Washington, D.C.--another hit aimed at troubled companies. // Business Credit;Apr95, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p2
Reviews the provisions of the Bankruptcy Reform law and repeal of a tax code in the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. Effect on small business reorganizations.