- Chicago's New Education Team Gears Up for 1st Market Trip. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p36
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the Board of Education in Chicago, Illinois. Uses of the sale proceeds; Projects of Chicago schools; Deals negotiated by school finance officials; Promotion of state aid to school programs.
- Chicago Ed Board Plans Refunding. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p1
Reports that Chicago Board of Education in Illinois has refunded outstanding debt. Sale of fixed-rate bonds and auction-rate securities; Conversion of the auction-rate piece to synthetic fixed rate; Approval of a resolution authorizing the transaction.
- ILLINOIS: Bear Stearns Tapped. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p37
Reports that the Chicago, Illinois Board of Education has selected Bear, Stearns & Co. as the book-runner for the its prospective multi-million-dollar general obligation bond issue. Utility of the proceeds of the bond issue.
- Chicago Board of Education to Issue $45M of Bonds Next Week. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/14/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31077, p40
Reports the plans of the Chicago Board of Education to issue general obligation-like bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Improvement of the rating given by Moody's Investor Service to the board; Significance of alternate revenue source structure; Identification of funding sources for additional debt...
- Chicago Turns to Social Bond for Pre-K Expansion. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;10/ 8/2014, p26
The article reports on expansion plans for early childhood education in Chicago through a Social Impact Bond. Details of the plan by Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel reported include the need for Chicago Board of Education to sign off, financing through state grants and city capital funds, and...
- Chicago Board of Education GO Rating Lowered To 'BB'. // Bondbuyer.com;8/14/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services lowered its long-term rating and underlying rating (SPUR) on Chicago Board of Education's general obligation (GO) bonds to 'BB' from 'BBB' and removed the ratings from CreditWatch, where they had been placed with negative implications on July 2, 2015 while we...
- Calif., Chicago BOE, Phoenix Deals Come to Market. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds ended weaker on Tuesday, traders said, as a slew of new issues came to market, including three large competitive offerings from California, a sale from Phoenix, and a deal from the Chicago Board of Education.
- Chicago Schools Pay Price to Get Deal Done. Shields, Yvette; Barnett, Harold; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
Drawn by attractive interest rates, investors Tuesday bought up $300 million of bonds sold by the Chicago Board of Education, which has been dogged questions about its solvency.
- Chicago Schools Pay Price to Get Deal Done. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;4/21/2015, p30
The article discusses that Chicago Board of Education paid the price to get the deal and sold the investors the million of bonds, which resolved leadership turmoil and questions about its solvency. As mentioned by the finance team members, the bonds were oversubscribed with more than hundred...