Like Gulliver in Lilliput: Reworking Tiny Components
- Design rules get wired. Evans-Pughe, Chris // Electronics Weekly;Sep2002 Supplement, Issue 2066, p4
Discusses a problem faced by the electronic design automation industry regarding integrated circuit (IC) design. Impact of wiring parasitics on design propagation; Background on changes in IC design rules; Methods for finding wiring configurations in IC designs; Information on the techniques...
- CICC spotlights the struggle to raise EDA abstraction levels. Maliniak, Lisa // Electronic Design;5/2/94, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p54
Reports on various designs of integrated circuit (IC) designs presented during the 1994 Custom Integrated Circuit Conference held on May 1-4, 1994 in San Diego, California. Trends in electronic design toward increasing size and complexity of IC; Higher levels of IC design abstraction; Focus on...
- For analog designers, process knowledge can be crucial. Ajluni, Cheryl // Electronic Design;5/2/94, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p102
Discusses various aspects concerning analog design engineers. Design and methodology of microchips through the collaboration of analog designers and process engineers; Shift in the roles and responsibilities of process engineers; Qualities and characters of analog design engineers; Description...
- Using the analog/mixed-signal virtual socket interface to augment SoC design. Chang, Henry // Electronic Design;11/02/98, Vol. 46 Issue 25, p72
Focuses on the challenges of designing and integrating analog/mixed-signal intellectual property (IP) cores into systems-on-a-chip. Changes in both the technical methodologies and the business practices of integrated circuit design; Appearance of IP providers selling a wide gamut of virtual...
- SoC Co-Design Is Purchasing The Limits Of Software And Hardware Simulation. Wong, William // Electronic Design;10/30/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 22, p87
Focuses on the use of co-design and co-verification tools to facilitate system-on-a-chip (SoC) design. Availability of software and hardware tools that allow concurrent design of hardware and software; Utilization of tools that allow simulation of hardware prior to its availability;...
- Submicron design methodology emphasizes IC place and route. Tsai, M.Y. Mike // Electronic Design;4/3/95, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p70
Focuses on the benefits of deep-submicron technology on integrated circuit design. Optimization of interconnects; Place-and-route methodology; Placement-and-routing in the whole design process; Physical layout; Floor planners; Synthesis.
- Video fader preserves synchronization. Cox, Frank // EDN;7/6/95, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p64
Features a design for a video-fader integrated circuit. Volume control operation; Sync separators; Integrated circuit feedback; Saturation; Control voltage.
- Circuit guards against battery reversal. Davis, Dana // EDN;7/6/95, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p65
Features a circuit design that protects battery-operated systems. Orientation of body diodes; Load current considerations; Battery disconnection; Voltage removal; Terminal voltage.
- Design reuse and the weather. Lipman, Jim // EDN;10/22/98, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p37
Comments on the application of design reuse in system-on-chip (SOC) technology in the electronics industry. Definition of design reuse; Time-to-market goals of chip designers; Benefits of design reuse.