Are Lead-Free Solder Joints Reliable?
- HOT WIRES. // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
Presents news briefs on the printed circuit board (PCB) industry, as of October 2002. Increase in PCB bookings for July; Plan of the Teradyne to close its PCB plant in San Diego, California; Renewal of the Quality Management System of the Electrochemicals Inc. as compliant with the ISO 9001:2000.
- Going Ape in America. Weiner, Gene // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the failure of companies in the printed circuit board industry in North America to deal with the problems that have been affecting their growth. Lack of interest on seminars offered by different organizations; Production of printed circuit boards that are of questionable quality.
- Finding Your Niche. Beaulieu, Dan // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
Discusses how companies in the printed circuit board industry can achieve success. Need to analyze the customer base; Need to investigate on the market to ensure that it has future prospects.
- Will Korea Learn from Japan's Lessons? Numakura, Dominique // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p28
Discusses problems confronting the printed circuit board industry of Japan. Conflict between the need of employees for mild, stable growth and the goal of the companies to make additional profits; Lack of active development projects for next-generation business.
- Measuring the Cost of Non-Participation. Dimargo, Dave // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p32
Discusses the negative effects of non-participation of key players in the printed board industry in the U.S. in activities that are aimed towards strengthening the industry.
- MARKET WATCH. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the trends in the U.S. electronics equipment and printed circuit board industry as of April 2003. Sectors; Number of facilities; Floor space.
- Stranger Than Fiction. Faries, Ronda // Printed Circuit Design;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p5
Presents wishes to improve the performance of the electronics industry in the United States in 2002. Development of an intelligent, controversy-free data transfer format that everyone could use; Introduction of a virtual prototyping environment that would eliminate printed circuit boards.
- The Ever-Expanding Industry. Buetow, Mike // PC FAB;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p5
Discusses the state of the printed circuit industry worldwide as of July 2002. Price for mobile phone boards; Decrease in global multilayer production capacity; Overexpansion by manufacturers.
- APRIL U.S. B2B FALLS TO 0.94. // PC FAB;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8
Reports on printed circuit board book-to-bill ratio in the U.S. in April 2002.
- Former Viasystems VP Forms PCB Rep Firm. Shaughnessy, Andy // PC FAB;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the launch of Electronic Components Marketing Group LLC, a sales and marketing firm for printed circuit board manufacturers in the U.S. Contract agreements with other industries; Company's goals; Financier of the company; Amount of investment.