ESD Educational Resources
- ESD: standards or real-world conditions? Hutchins, David W. // Environmental Engineering;Winter2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on electrostatic discharge standards (ESD). Information on ESD; Kinds of human body model ESD standards; Types of devices that provide ESD protection.
- Some effects of the electrostatic interaction of water drops in the atmosphere. Saranin, B. A. // Technical Physics;Dec99, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p1407
The electric field at the surface of two conducting spherical charged particles and their interaction force are calculated. It is shown that as particles carrying like charge approach each other, the force changes sign and becomes attractive. The case where the charge on each particle varies as...
- Inclusion of poloidal potential variation in neoclassical transport. Stringer, T. E. // Physics of Fluids B: Plasma Physics;Apr91, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p981
Inclusion of the electrostatic potential is found to increase the electron neoclassical heat flux by an order of magnitude, while producing only a modest increase in the ion heat flux. The analysis is done for the plateau regime, though a similar behavior is expected in the banana regime. The...
- Screening of electrostatic potential in a composite fermion system. Fil, D.V. // Low Temperature Physics;Dec98, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p858
Investigates the screening of electrostatic potential by monolayer and double-layer composite fermion system. Influence of the sample boundary; Dependence of the screened field on the distance from the test charge; Observation of the screening effect as a function of the filling factor.
- Electrostatic cage "Stark barrel" for rapidly switching a uniform electric field through arbitrary angles Horn, J.L.; Homan, D.M.; Hwang, C.S.; Fuqua III, W.L.; MacAdam, K.B. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Dec1998, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p4086
Presents an electrostatic cage for rapidly switching a uniform electric field through arbitrary angles. Applications of the device; Numerical and analytic description of the general fields of the instrument; Usefulness of the device in atom trapping and cold collisions.
- Revised waveform drives ESD standards. Mayer, John H. // Test & Measurement World;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p43
Examines the mechanics of revised basic standard for electrostatic discharge (ESD) waveforms. Enhancement of the discharge-current waveform for ESD simulators; Derivation of peak current of ESD; Procedures for ESD calibration.
- electrostatic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p741
A definition of the term "electrostatic," is presented, which pertains to static electricity.
- electrostatic unit. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p741
A definition of the term "electrostatic unit," is presented, which refers to any electrical unit of measure based on repulsion or attraction of a static charge.
- Effects of a nonuniform equilibrium electric field on ion temperature gradient instabilities. Migliuolo, S.; Sen, A. K. // Physics of Fluids B: Plasma Physics;Dec90, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p3047
A nonuniform equilibrium electric field oriented in the direction perpendicular to the magnetic field, and parallel to the density and temperature gradients, is considered. The effects of electric field gradients on the behavior of ion temperature gradient instabilities are examined....