Substrates for Flip Chip Assembly
- Inexpensive substrate cools chips. // Quality;Oct98, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p16
States that researchers at Sandia National Laboratories, a United States Department of Energy research center in Albuquerque, New Mexico have developed a substrate to remove heat from microchips and printed-circuit boards. Details on the developed technology; Availability of the technology.
- Babak Parviz, 34. Wu, Corinna // Technology Review;Oct2007, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p70
This article focuses on Babak Parviz, who was included in "Technology Review" magazine's list of young technology innovators for 2007. Parviz is an assistant professor of electrical engineering at the University of Washington. He developed a method of coaxing individual components to assemble...
- Increase of Beam Current Mass-Separated by Long Gap Dipole Sector Magnet for S/D Process in FPD manufacturing. Dohi, Shojiro; Ando, Yasunori; Inouchi, Yutaka; Matsuda, Yasuhiro; Konishi, Masashi; Tatemichi, Junichi; Nukayama, Masaaki; Nakao, Kazuhiro; Orihira, Kohichi; Naito, Masao // AIP Conference Proceedings;2006, Vol. 866 Issue 1, p417
A mass analyzing ion implantation system (called Ion Doping iG4) was developed for FPD manufacturing. One of most important concept of iG4 is to transport a sheet ion beam maintaining its current density profile from the ion source to the target, which leads good mass resolution and simple...
- Universal electronic substrate. // R&D Magazine;June97, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Reports that Researchers at Cornel University have demostrated a universal substrate on which a crystal of any material can be grown. Percentage of mis-matches.
- Elastic Contact on a Double-Layered Substrate. Kelly, P A; Hills, D A; O'Connor, J J // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part C;1999, Vol. 213 Issue 4, p331
Results are given for the contact law and state of stress induced in the contact resulting from application of a pressure distribution on a double-layered half-plane, or its indentation by a body of prescribed shape. The geometry is representative of that found widely in biomedical applications,...
- Metallic particle sizing on flat surfaces: Application to conducting substrates. Moreno, F.; Saiz, J.M. // Applied Physics Letters;5/27/1996, Vol. 68 Issue 22, p3087
Analyzes a fast and accurate microsizing method for metallic protuberances on flat subtrates. Importance of the agreement between theory and experiment; Discussion on the checking of metallic protuberances in conducting flat subtrates; Optimization of the experimental part of the method.
- chromogen. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p447
A definition of the term "chromogen" which refers to a chemical capable of turning into a colored material is presented.
- diaminobenzidine. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p639
A definition of the term "diaminobenzidine," which refers to a chromogen used in immunocytochemistry, is presented.
- hemochromogen. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1042
An encyclopedia entry for "hemochromogen" which refers to a compound that combines heme and a nitrogen-containing molecule is presented.