MSD: What You Don't Know May Be Killing You
- Free-line indicator stops interruptions. Terrade, J.M. // EDN;12/07/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p187
Presents an electronic circuit for a free-line indicator for telephones. Voice modulation; Line voltage.
- Electronic detectors. Rakes, Charles D. // Popular Electronics;Jul98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Explores several electronic detector circuit designs. Includes a high-voltage static detector; Telephone-ring detector; IR-detector circuit.
- Instrumentation amp has differential outputs. Gerstenhaber, Moshe; Lee, Stephen // EDN;8/19/2004, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p78
This article describes two common differential-output instrumentation-amplifier circuits. The first provides unity gain, and the second implements a gain of two. Both circuits suffer from increased noise, offset error, offset drift, gain error and gain drift as compared with an instrumentation...
- Wafer-Level High-Power Device Testing. Lecklider, Tom // EE: Evaluation Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p32
The article addresses the provision and dissipation of power and electric current in wafer testing. It discusses improvements to the way power is supplied based on papers at the SouthWest Test Workshop. It describes a vertical probe card with added SmartClamp overcurrent protection. It analyzes...
- In-Line Equations Describe Circuits in a Snapshot. Basso, Christophe // Power Electronics Technology;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p56
Discusses the use of in-line equations in applying analog behavioral modeling of power electronics equipment design. Use of the SPICE simulator program; Possibility of writing complicated equations as a simple 100kHz oscillator.
- Sophisticated Simulation Package Supports System Design. Davis, Sam // Power Electronics Technology;Apr2002, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p78
Presents the SIMPLORER simulation package which supports electronic design. Versatile and complete design solution for electromechanical systems, subsystems and components; Ability to simulate power electronics and drives found in home appliances, automobiles, electric and hybrid vehicles and...
- 32-Circuit Wire-to-Wire Connection System. // Power Electronics Technology Exclusive Insight;8/27/2012, p12
The article offers brief information on the Molex 32-circuit, wire-to-wire modular connection system from Molex Inc.
- New products. // Electronic Design;03/20/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p145
Features several electronics products and equipment for electronic circuit design. Includes the SoundWorks digital three-piece multimedia speaker system from Cambridge SoundWorks; DSK stacked-metallized polyester film capacitor from Cornell Dubilier; Pentium III Flip Chip Pin Grid Array...
- EDN electronic design automation. // EDN;09/02/99, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p198
Presents several electronic design automation tools. Board-analysis tools; Windows-based autorouter; Logic-design software; C model generator; Data-driven verification tools; Printed-circuit-board design software.