- Eolane Deploys Tecnomatix Solutions Across France. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p26
Reports that Eolane, an electronics contract manufacturer, has finalized an agreement through a Tecnomatix Sales Channel partner, Accelonix France to deploy empower for Electronics solutions across all of Eolane's manufacturing sites in France. Value of empower products and services.
- Europe sees return of manufacturing. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;11/22/2006, Issue 2266, p3
The article highlights that the electronic component suppliers are setting up their manufacturing base in Europe, despite the Far East being the preferred destination for volume manufacturing. According to passives and electromechanical component distributor Avnet-Time, there is an increase in...
- World engine plants gain global automation partner. // American Machinist;May2005, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p16
Reports on a contract signed by electronic company Mitsubishi Electric Corp. with automakers alliance company Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA) in May 2005. Products and services to be supplied by Mitsubishi to the manufacturing plants of GEMA in Dundee, Michigan; Number of engines to...
- MoSys signs 3 in fab deals. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News;12/4/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2094, p72
Relays that MoSys has identified three additional partners for its dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) products. Integrated Device Technology, Oki Semiconductors, and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. to furnish fabrication capacity for the manufacture of MoSys's multibank DRAM (MDRAM)...
- Viva Mexico? EMS Gaining in South. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p10
The article informs that electronics manufacturing in Mexico is not dead after all. While expansion in China continues to make the most waves, Mexico has been quietly reshaping its manufacturing infrastructure to accommodate higher end and faster turn products. Companies are adding capacity...
- CABLING LIFECYCLES AND TCO. // Communications News;Nov2005, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p20
This article discusses some factors of a cabling decision in the U.S. Such decision should be a 10-year commitment, supporting two to three generations of active equipment. Therefore, closely considering total lifecycle cost is critical, and includes a number of factors: expected installed...
- Outsourcing Manufacturing or Not, and to What Extent? Hwang, Jennie S. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the level of manufacturing outsourcing in the electronics industry. Factors driving the success of outsourcing; Potential advantages and benefits.
- CEDIA Survey Charts Installer $ Trends. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/30/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p38
The article reports on the drop in the average net profit margin of electronics systems contractors that are Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) members to 3.5 percent in 2009 from 2007's 6.8 percent.
- Untitled. // Electronic News;10/25/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1986, p9
Provides a list of contracts awarded to electronic industry firms by government agencies and prime contractors. Kaman Sciences for maintenance and modification of the Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Base space and communications software and firmware; Lockheed Forth Worth Co. for production...