NEMI Names New Board Members
- Industry standard or standstill? Dipert, Brian // EDN Europe;Jul2001, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p25
Questions the important role played by standards bodies in the electronic industries in the United States. Slow progress on the development and standardization of the MPEG-4 video equipment; Legality of consolidations and partnerships.
- PRO Group Pleased With Member Mix, 2003 Sales. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the performance of the U.S. Progressive Retailers Organization in the consumer electronics market in 2003. Information on its fourth quarter sales; List of new members; Overview of its performance in December 2003.
- NEWS WATCH. // Appliance Design;Dec2004, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p10
Presents news briefs on the appliance and consumer electronics industries in the U.S. as of December 2004. Information on a patented circuitry developed by PowerPulse Technologies that optimizes the way an appliance draws power from its batteries; Launch of an online tool Connections Guide...
- CEA Stats: Lights Back On In Audio. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/7/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p14
A sharp increase in factory-level audio sales in March 2004 and the first quarter holds out the hope that the U.S. consumer electronics industry could post its first annual increase in 2004 after three years of consecutive years of decline. March sales jumped 34.7 percent to $695.1 million,...
- Debunking the Myths and Educating Consumers. Shapiro, Gary // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/24/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 22, special section p03
Provides information on the voluntary education and promotional initiatives of the U.S. Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) focusing on the transition to digital television (DTV). Web sites being operated by CEA to promote the DTV transition through consumer and dealer education; Source of...
- Connecting Electronics lobby pulls weight in Washington. // Connector Specifier;Jun2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the call of the IPC -- Association Connecting Electronics Industries for a fair, open, and rules-based international trading system at its Capitol Hill Day lobbying event as of June 2004. Message of the keynote address of U.S. Representative Donald Manzullo, chairman of the House...
- HTSA Upbeat As It Prepares For Market Changes. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/8/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p24
The article reports that Richard Glikes, executive director of Home Theater Specialists of America (HTSA), reviewed current market conditions and outlined future plans during its fall meeting which, for the second time, was co-located with Consumer Electronics Association's Fall Forum, held at...
- HTSA Sets Spring Meeting. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on the spring meeting to be conducted by the Home Theater Specialist of American in Bonita Springs, Florida in February and March 2004. Title of the meeting; Expected number of attendees; Significance of spring meetings.
- Buying Groups Gaining Ground. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/18/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p23
This article reports on buying groups in the consumer electronics market in the U.S. as of May 2005. The brown- and white-goods industries' seven major retail buying and marketing organizations are countering competitive pressures with new programs, stronger vendor commitments and renewed...