Atlanta SMTA Chapter Holds Expo
- Surface-mount group revises guidelines. D.M. // Electronic Design;3/4/96, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p29
Reports on plans of the Surface Mount Technology Association to revise its testability guidelines. Organization's call for volunteers to assist in the revision process; Contact information.
- Certifying the SMT Process Engineer. Zarrow, Phil // Circuits Assembly;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on Surface Mount Technology Association's surface mount technology (SMT) processes and SMT Systems Certification Programs. Duration of the process certification program; Academic qualification required to get admission in SMTA; Overview of the certification program.
- SMTA Announces Annual Awards. // Circuits Assembly;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p11
The Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) in Minneapolis, Minnesota has honored members at its annual meeting during SMTA International in September 2003. The Founder's Award went to Dr. Ronald Lasky of Utica, New York-based Indium Corp. of America. Jeff Kennedy of Concord,...
- The Inherent Lack of Quality in SMT Products. Vilella, Joseph // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the actions taken by Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Association to ensure the inherent quality of its products. Key challenges that the SMT manufacturing community faces; Factors considered in the use of equipment that will produce random and oftentimes systematic placement errors;...
- SMTA International 2003 Show Preview. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p48
Reports on the coming SMTA International 2003, a world class conference organized by Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA), that will be held at the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois on September 21 through 25, 2003 in conjunction with Assembly Technology Expo. SMTA...
- Motorola sets mil die pacts. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News (10616624);8/14/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2078, p44
Highlights several topics in the electronics packaging industry. Die reseller agreements signed by Motorola Semiconductor to extend support for military customers as it phases out its military product line; Introduction by White Microelectronics of a particular CMOS SRAM multichip memory module;...
- SMTA Announces Certification Program. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Reports the launching of a certification program for the complete surface-mount technology process of Surface Mount Technology Association in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Nature of the program; Certification process.
- Learning to Drop Lead. Barrett, Kelly // Electronic News;09/18/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 38, p74
Highlights the 2000 conferences on lead-free solders and other lead-removal ploys in the United States. Information on the International Microelectronics and Packaging Society 2000 Conference from September 18 to 22; Focus of the Surface-Mount Technology Association International conference...
- People. // Circuits Assembly;Nov2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p12
Presents appointments of several personnel in U.S. electronic industries. Appointment of Guenter Lauber as president of Americas Division of Siemens Dematic Electronic Assembly Systems Inc.; Election results of the board of directors of The Surface Mount Technology Association; Selection of...