Less Than Zero
- Economic Outlook for 2003. Vardaman, E. Jan // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
Presents an economic outlook for electronic industry for the year 2003. Significant increase in unemployment in the technology sector in North America; Increase in exports of electronics and information technology products in China; Rise in Chinese exports of semiconductor products.
- Dynamic Adjustments in Transfer Pricing Agreements. Broomhall, David // Business Economics;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p22
This paper examines the issue of using past economic performance to benchmark transfer prices in advance pricing agreements (APAs) and explores methods that allow transfer prices to reflect current economic performance. The paper applies these methods to the electronics industry and finds that...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Malaysia;Dec2006, p4
The article focuses on the economic conditions of Malaysia. Malaysia is economy dependent on raw materials production. The industrial sector, specifically the electronics manufacturing, has been its primary source of economic growth. The factors that contributed to the economic growth of the...
- ITRS Roadmap Dependent on Cash More Than Technology. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;3/20/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p33
The article deals with the economic challenges faced by the semiconductor industry in the U.S. in March 2006. As a bit of history, in the 1960s and 1970s, U.S. semiconductor companies were multi-divisional and had succession plans in place for manufacturing technology. Hence, most companies do...
- Power to the people. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;7/14/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on the rising demand of electronic gadgets despite low economic trade. It stresses that despite of the soaring fuel as well as commercial products cost, electronics continues to be a big business which may remain last until the end of the decade. However, it also notes that...
- Telecommunications market continues to rise. // Design News;5/22/89, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p212
Focuses on the economic performance of telecommunication equipment industry in the U.S. Increase in sales; Increment of imports; Sales of telecommunication equipments.
- EBCI INDEX PICKS UP IN FEBRUARY. // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar2008, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the findings from National Electrical Manufacturers Association's (NEMA) Electroindustry Business Confidence Index (EBCI) for North America. It shows that the region was below the 50-point threshold that indicates industry expansion. The EBCI gained ground in absolute...
- Equipment Markets slowing. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Nov2005, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the possible decline of the electronic equipment market due to the rise of oil prices. Factors affecting the growth of global economy; Percentage of increase in possible growth of the market in 2006.
- Industry Strength Broadens At Year-End. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;1/6/2014, pA10
The article provides an overview of the performances of the U.S. industries in 2013. It reveals that in the final week of 2013, 197 industry groups have recorded significant growth and some 52 organizations experienced increase more than 50%. It highlights the top industries which posted...