Lookinq Down To Find Up-Time
- Remember: It's Drilling & Blasting. Fiscor, Steve // Coal Age;Jan2000, Vol. 105 Issue 1, pBD10
Focuses on the techniques used in implementing a blasthole drilling program for coal mining in the 21st century. Comparison between drilling and blasting; Factors that affect drilling costs; Laser-profiling systems and blast design software packages.
- Expression of an elicitor-encoding gene from Magnaporthe grisea enhances resistance against blast disease in transgenic rice. Dewen Qiu; Jianjun Mao; Xiufen Yang; Hongmei Zeng // Plant Cell Reports;Jun2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p925
AbstractÂ Â Elicitors are molecules that stimulate defense responses in plants. Previously, an elicitor-encoding gene, named pemG1, was isolated from Magnaporthe grisea. To assess the function of pemG1 in rice (Oryza sativa L. cv. Nipponbare), the gene was cloned under a constitutive maize...
- Numerical Analyses of the Influence of Blast-Induced Damaged Rock Around Shallow Tunnels in Brittle Rock. David Saiang; Erling Nordlund // Rock Mechanics & Rock Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p421
AbstractÂ Â Most of the railway tunnels in Sweden are shallow-seated (
- DRILLING BEGINS IN WEST VIRGINIA TO STUDY SEQUESTRATION POTENTIAL. // Coal Age;Sep2003, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p14
Announces that start of drilling on well near AEP Mountaineer power plant in New Haven, West Virginia. Reason for the drilling; Web site that provides information on the drilling.
- Traitement et analyse des paramÃ¨tres de pilotage d'un tunnelier. Denis, Alain; Cremoux, Francis // Canadian Geotechnical Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p451
Tunnel boring parameters are used to control the good-functioning of the tunnel boring machine along the bored tunnel route and rarely to obtain more information about the nature or the mechanical behavior of the bored soil. Actually, they can bring very informative data, firstly, to improve the...
- SEMAFO's Delineation Drilling at Siou Extends Mineralization, Burkina Faso. // World Mining News;8/ 2/2013, p11
The article reports on the completion of the diamond and reserve circulation delineation drilling of mining firm SEMAFO Inc. at Siou Sector in Burkina Faso, Africa. The drilling was carried out at a spacing of 50 x 50 meter on some of the deposit's known extensions. The company plans to proceed...
- Pelangio Provides Exploration Update on the Manfo Property, Ghana. // World Mining News;10/31/2013, p4
The article provides an update on the drilling and excavation activities conducted by Pelangio Exploration Inc. on its 100-square-kilometer (kmÂ²) Manfo property in Ghana as of October 31, 2013. It reports that Pelangio has completed 3,800 meters of vertical drilling in a 603-hole mechanized...
- Sarama Resources reports on RC and diamond drilling at its South HoundÃ© Project in Burkina Faso. // World Mining News;4/23/2013, p10
The article reports on the results of recent reverse-circulation and diamond drilling by Sarama Resources Limited at its South Hounde Project in south western Burkina Faso. Geological continuity and grade distribution of the interpreted mineralization system have been confirmed by the company...
- West African Resources September Quarterly Report. // African Business News;11/4/2013, p33
The article presents update on the exploration and drilling activities and business transactions of West African Resources Ltd. for the quarter ended September 2013. Figures show the firm's exploration expenditure, administration costs and cash at bank. Details indicate the proposed acquisition...