Design Approach, Inspection For Manhole Rehabilitation Technologies
- NASSCO Releases Guidelines On Styrenated Resins. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2009, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the guideline released by the National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) for the use and handling of styrene-based resins in the cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP) rehabilitation process in the U.S. The guideline outlines the facts about resin materials for CIPP,...
- Manholes Repaired With Encapsulation Process. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Nov2000, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p60
Focuses on the encapsulation process of repairing manholes in Trenton, Michigan. Problems related to manhole failures; Steps in the manhole rehabilitation process; Background information on the WrapidSeal encapsulation products used in the city project.
- Considerations For Effective Manhole Rehabilitation. Back, Tim // Underground Construction;Nov2000, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p58
Outlines some of the major requirements in the specifications for manhole rehabilitation contracts in the United States. Substrate preparation; Material application; Frost-line protection; Procedures in testing and inspection; Requirements for a contract warranty.
- TURN OF THE SCREW. Dayton, Scottie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2009, p50
The article highlights the new method for adjusting manhole frames designed by construction superintendent Wayne Nadasde in Kelowna, British Columbia. It states that the adjustable manhole frame with support ring (AFSR) can be installed quickly, supported H-20 loading and adjusted within...
- Engineering design education and rehabilitation engineering. Mann, Robert W. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Nov/Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p23
Presents an article on the significance of engineering design education to rehabilitation engineering. Reason for the rejection of missile-related design projects by students; Birth of braille translation and embossing; Travel aids for the blind; Formation of the Center for Sensory Aids...
- Manhole Rehabilitation: Sometimes Misunderstood, Yet Key Infrastructure Solution. Muenchmeyer, Gerhard "Gerry" P. // Underground Construction;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p66
The article focuses on manhole rehabilitation as a key to infrastructure solution. It notes that manholes have already been constructed since the 19th century made from materials such as bricks, concrete, blocks, and other materials. In addition, manholes serves as a utility or maintenance hole...
- FROM MAINS TO MANHOLES. Shafer, Mary // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2009, p32
The article highlights the cleaning, inspection and rehabilitation program of the City of Corunna, Michigan that helps control infiltration and inflow (I&I) problems. It states that the rehabilitation program of the city includes cured-in-place lining for mains and sealing, grouting and...
- Manholes have a lone star in south Texas. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar95, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p60
Focuses on the benefits of installing fiberglass manholes instead of concrete ones. Extensive use of fiberglass manholes in south Texas; Owens-Corning's Fiberglas manholes as the most popular product; Cost of fiberglass manholes; Ease of installation.
- Forteana. Sieveking, Paul // New Statesman & Society;9/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 368, p39
Deals with the phenomenon of exploding manholes. Recorded incidents of blowing manholes; Explanation for the phenomenon.