First Tier 4 Machines: Tested On Tennessee Valley Gas Line Construction
- The Energy Shortage Worsens. // Time;8/31/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p64
The article offers information on the shortage of the main sources of energy including coal, fuel oil and natural gases in the U.S. It states that for the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), their normal 60-days stockpile is down to only 10-12 days supply. According to the chairman of Federal...
- First Tier 4 Machines Tested On Tennessee Valley Gas Line Construction. Nelsen, Erin // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 238 Issue 8, p66
The article evaluates various models of excavators from Caterpillar Inc.'s 336Es and 349E models, being tested on the Tennessee Valley Gas Line Construction site conducted by Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
- A `tool of opportunity'. Houston, Douglas A. // National Forum;Spring90, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p28
Discusses the privatization of Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Problems with TVA power provision; Control of the TVA; Privatization alternative; Financial assessment of TVA privatization; Political aspects of privatization.
- The privatization of TVA. Malec, William F. // National Forum;Spring91, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p41
Discusses issues associated with the privatization of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Criticism of Douglas A. Houston's article in the Spring 1990 issue of `National Forum' magazine entitled `A `Tool of Opportunity': Privatization of the TVA'; Nuclear program; Net power generation;...
- Green power. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;02/23/98, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p9
Reports that the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) requested proposals to purchase `green power,' which includes projects to general electricity from wood and landfill gases. Comments from Bill Irish, TVA senior strategic adviser; Identification of the amount of Kilowatts of power generated...
- TVA recruits investment firms. Sturgis, Ingrid // Black Enterprise;May93, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p26
Notes that the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is among a growing number of government agencies insisting that minorities be included in Wall Street bond offerings. TVA research in 1989 to identify qualified black firms; Participation by 17 minority firms so far; Pryor, McClendon, Counts &...
- Criticism of the TVA. // Newsweek;1/27/1986, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p23
Designed to be the pacesetter for the nation's nuclear-powered future, the Tennessee Valley Authority has lately been generating more criticism than nuclear power. Construction on 8 of its 17 planned nuclear reactors has been abandoned; The remaining 9 have been idled by construction or safety...
- Loans help laid-off employees find new careers. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Sep92, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p77
Examines how the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is giving its laid-off employees the training and loans needed to start their own businesses. Details on TVA's Employee Transition Program; Requirements that must be met to secure loans; How employees Malcolm and Cathy Phillips have benefited.
- Conveyor replacement restores coal flow fast. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/19/93, Vol. 231 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the Tennessee Valley Authority's crash rebuilding project to put its 1,350-Mw Colbert powerplant in Alabama back in service. Rigging of temporary system; Delivery of steel truss sections to replace destroyed ones; Inclined emergency conveyor; Specific repairs; Round-the-clock work by...