HDD Solves Crude Line Replacement Across St. Clair River
- Ductile Iron: Not Just For Open Cut. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p2
Discusses the value of ductile iron pipe. Use of ductile iron pipe in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) and pipebursting; Emergence of utilities as a viable HDD equipment market; Areas to be addressed by HDD contractors.
- Ductile Iron Proves Effective With HDD, Pipebursting. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the use of ductile iron pipe in horizontal directional drilling (HDD) pipebursting. Methods of installing restrained joint ductile iron pipe with HDD equipment; Quality and superiority of ductile iron pipe; History of ductile iron pipe. INSET: A long history of service.
- Pipe can make or break a directional drill. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Nov95, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p23
Offers a guide for selecting the right pipe for horizontal directional drilling. Important features that make horizontal directional drilling systems effective; Basic methods of manufacturing pipe for horizontal directional drilling; Cause of drill pipe failure.
- Municipal HDD. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun98, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the use of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) to install a main sewer pipeline servicing Pensacola, Florida. Creation of a hole under the interstate using HDD techniques; Equipment required for the project; Comments from project organizers.
- Pressure Water Pipe CIPP In Vegas. // Underground Construction;Jun2014, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the use of cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP) lining system for pressure pipes to meet NSF/ANSI61 Standard for drinking water. IT mentions that construction contractor, Michels Pipes, being hired by general contractor Las Vegas for rehabilitating water supply. It presents the views...
- DCCA Symposium Focuses On Future Of HDD. // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p38
Highlights the Directional Crossing Contractors Association's 12th Annual Spring Symposium held in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 2-5, 2003. Theme of the symposium; Discussion of topics about horizontal directional drilling; Participants.
- The devil's directional bore. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Dec96, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p19
Reports on stories and experiences shared by contractors involved in horizontal directional drilling installation at the Puente Grande River, Mexico. Reception interference and strange readings; Warnings from local residents; Implementation of impractical and impossible construction methods. ...
- 2010: Large Directional Drilling Rig Census. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Nov2010, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p46
The article lists the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) contractors in the U.S. from the 2010 census of the periodical "Underground Construction" which include the AJ Lucas Group, Badger Drilling LLC and BERCO Construction.
- Annual directory. // Underground Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p58
Presents a directory of large rig directional drilling contractors in the United States. Specifications of the contractors; Contact numbers and addresses of contractors.