Direct Pipe Method Comes To U.S
- Lady Liberty Welcomes Visitors During Construction Project. // Government Product News;Nov2000, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the challenges faced with the installation of a casing for underground pipe lines on Liberty Island, New York. Problem with visitors; Archeological concerns on the island; Use of a directional drill and an industrial vacuum in the installation.
- Award-winning HDD water project. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p47
Details Stanley Consultants' small-budget project which won the Grand Conceptor Award from the Consulting Engineers Council of Iowa. Innovative use of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) on water line replacement project in West Des Moines; Horizontal Drilling Technologies' installation of...
- Pipeline Through LA Proves Challenging. Nutter, Mark // Underground Construction;Jul2000, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the crude oil pipeline that was installed underground in Los Angeles, California as of July 2000. Challenges in installing pipeline in the area; Description of the directional drill requirement; Effect of oil viscosity to the network design; Role of OC-1 Ethernet fiber optics in...
- New Association Tackles Cross Bore Issue. // Underground Construction;Jun2008, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p30
Information about several issues discussed at the Common Ground Alliance Annual Conference, sponsored by the Cross Bore Safety Association (CBSA) in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 26, 2008 is presented. Topics include the elimination of gas lines intersecting sanitary sewers and development of both...
- Mixed Market Recovery For HDD. Carponter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2011, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p24
The article offers information on the 13th horizontal directional drilling (HDD) survey conducted by the periodical "Under Construction." It states that HDD technology is getting broader acceptance in the underground piping industry. It mentions that one of the positive drivers of the HDD market...
- What's new in directional drilling & pipe locators. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan2000, Vol. 227 Issue 1, p59
Features systems and equipment being used by contractors and utilities to improve directional drilling and underground pipe tracking and location operations. Includes customized drilling and reaming tools from AIM Directional Tools; Mud motor from Sharewell Inc.; Product line of Carson Underground.
- Laney Finds 'Pushing' Pipe Has Its Advantages. Reed, Michael // Underground Construction;Dec2015, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses the advantages of using the Direct Pipe technology from tunnel-boring machine manufacturer Herrenknecht AG for underground pipeline installation projects based on the observation of drilling contractor Laney Directional Drilling Co., including reduced hydraulic fracture risk.
- Restrained-Joint PVC Allows Obstacles To Be Overcome In Sewer Extension Project. // Underground Construction;Oct2009, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p49
The article focuses on a sewer extension project by RPM Construction LLC in Hobbs, New Mexico. The company uses CertainTeed CertaFlo Greenline 8-inch SDR21 restrained-joint polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe in conjunction with directional drilling. It claims that the restrained-joint PVC pipe and...
- Methods To Prevent Crossbores. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2008, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p26
The article discusses the crossbore issue which draws attention of providers of underground piping systems, particularly sanitary sewer services, and the contractors who make utility installations using horizontal directional drilling (HDD) and pneumatic piercing tools in the U.S. All parties...