Introduction to COMPASS: navigating complexity in public health research
- Supporting patients to make the best decisions. Jarvis, Lionel; Montgomery, Hugh; Morisettl, Neil; Gilmore, Ian // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/9/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7801, p775
No abstract available.
- AIS in a More Rapidly Evolving Era. Vasarhelyi, Miklos A. // Journal of Information Systems;Spring2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the design of decision aids, the competitive advantage of audit support systems and the application of enterprise risk management.
- Taming the Tigers. Kane, Robert; Bartolomei, Jason // Air & Space Power Journal;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the value-driven approach of the United States Air Force. It states that the approach gives the leaders better knowledge in decision making by merging the best information from each of the decision support systems and organizing it which results into maximizing the value...
- CONCEPTUAL GROUNDS FOR CONSTRUCTION OF SUPPORT SYSTEM FOR INVESTMENT DECISION-MAKING WITHIN AGROINDUSTRIAL COMPLEX OF UKRAINE. Kozlovskyi, S. V.; Gerasymenko, Y. V.; Kozlovskyi, V. O. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;May2010, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p263
The article provides conceptual grounds for construction of support system for investment decision-making within the agroindustrial complex of Ukraine; such system is based on the economic-mathematical model of estimating and forecasting the investment climate in separate sectors of the...
- Caregiving as a Process of Changing Identity: Implications for Caregiver Support. Montgomery, Rhonda J. V.; Kosloski, Karl // Generations;Spring2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p47
The importance of effectively supporting family caregivers is great considering the breadth and variety of assistance that family members provide and the critical role that caregivers play as decision makers and gatekeepers who influence the quality of care provided. This article examines the...
- Towards a Design Science of Ethical Decision Support. Mathieson, Kieran // Journal of Business Ethics;Dec2007, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p269
Ethical decision making involves complex emotional, cognitive, social, and philosophical challenges. Even if someone wants to be ethical, he or she may not have clearly articulated what that means, or know how to go about making a decision consistent with his or her values. Information...
- DECISION MAKING IN ORGANIZATIONS: A REVIEW OF NINE YEARS. Iqbal, Javed; Shahi, Aftab; Khan, Amjad // Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p660
The study is a review and investigation into the field of decision making by taking different dimensions of this domain into consideration, For instance, research paradigm incorporated, subject categories and major subjects addressed, all of this was done through meta-analysis approach. After...
- Editoriale. Vergani, Alberto // Rassegna Italiana di Valutazione;2013, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p5
No abstract available.
- Participatory decision support for sustainable forest management: a framework for planning with local communities at the landscape level in Canada. Sheppard, Stephen R. J. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Jul2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1515
There is an increasing demand for active public involvement in forestry decision making, but there are as yet few established models for achieving this in the new sustainable forest management (SFM) context. At the level of the working forest, the fields of forest sustainability assessment,...