Divesting a continued trend
- Israel: time to divest. Tutu, Desmond; Urbina, Ian // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb2003, Issue 353, p5
Focuses on the role of divestment movements in ending Israel's occupation of Palestinian territories captured during the 1967 military campaign. Responsibility of the U.S. to intervene in atrocities committed by its client states; Demand by American students to review their university...
- BDS rally defends Palestine. Harrison, Patrick // Green Left Weekly;11/21/2012, Issue 946, p4
The article focuses on a rally, part of a worldwide campaign for boycott, divestments and sanctions (BDS) against Israel held in at Parramatta, New South Wales on November 15, 2012.
- Palestinians call for boycott. Bolton, Sue // Green Left Weekly;7/7/2010, Issue 843, p4
The article reports on the efforts of U.S.-Palestinian professor Saree Makdisi and Canadian-Palestinian lawyer Diana Buttu in promoting the international campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.
- The hazards of a gas tax hike. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1989, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p21
Opinion. Argues against raising gasoline taxes at the federal level. Why Americans need cars; Gasoline use; Economic impact; Current gasoline taxes.
- Do you need high octane gas? // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1991, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p35
Explains gasoline octane ratings and how to find the right octane level for a car.
- What's happening to gasoline? // Consumer Reports;Nov96, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p54
Reports on gasoline performance. New formulas; Conventional gasoline; Winter oxygenated gasoline; Reformulated gasoline (RFG); Oxygenated RFG; California Phase 2 RFG; Test of each gasoline in regular and premium grades; Ad campaigns as convincing people they need premium; Additives;...
- Explaining the variation in elasticity estimates of gasoline demand in the United States: A meta... Espey, Molly // Energy Journal;1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p49
Describes the use of meta-analysis to determine factors that systematically affect price and income elasticity estimates in studies of gasoline demand in the United States. Vehicle ownership; Non-aggregate measure of consumption; Environmental characteristics.
- A new gas clears the air. Chen, Ingfei; Franklin, Deborah // Health (Time Inc. Health);May/Jun96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the launching of cleaner-burning gasoline in California by June 1996. More complete oxidation of fuels with the addition of oxygen-containing fluids; Higher cost of such fuels.
- Motor Gasoline Assessment 1997. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul97, pIX
Presents information on the publication of the `Motor Gasoline Assessment 1997' report. Contents of the publication; Increase in gasoline prices during the spring of 1996 in the United States.