a developer's Dilemma
- Ztango.com WAP Gateway Powers Iobox Commercial WAP Service. // Telephone IP News;Mar2000, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Reports that iobox online service has chosen the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) gateway of Ztango.com to commercially deploy WAP electronic mail and browsing services in Europe.
- Support continues for new WAP effort. // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p23
Reports that support for the Wireless Application Protocol is growing, according to L.M. Ericsson, Motorola Incorporated, Nokia Corporation and Unwired Planet Incorporated. Who indorsed the protocol; Information on the Handheld Device Markup; What are some of the features of the protocol.
- Just Another Data Bearer? Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;11/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p52
Examines the potential of the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP)-over-storage management subsystem (SMS) in telecommunication. Benefits of using WAP over SMS; Reason for implementing SMS as a WAP data bearer; Limitations of circuit-switched data.
- WAP Forum moves forward with expanded membership. // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p44
Presents information on the Wireless Application Protocol Forum (WAP Forum). Objective of the WAP Forum; Who developed the forum; Composition of the forum; Comments from Chuck Parrish, Unwired Planet's executive vice president.
- WAP to support FLEX protocol. // RCR;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p20
Reports that the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum of Motorola Incorporated's Messaging Systems Products Group, will support the FLEX and ReFLEX paging protocols in its specifications. Detailed information on the WAP standard; Benefits of the standard; Provisions of the FLEX protocol to...
- Still wild about WAP. Angus, Fiona; Dahdah, Howard // Australian Personal Computer;Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services offered by telecommunication companies in Australia. Launch of the WAP-only version of dstore Web site; Details of the content and phone deals of Optus; Addition of services to the initial program of Optus.
- WAP Banner Ads Prove Last-Minute Killer App. Owens, Jennifer // Adweek Eastern Edition;2/19/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p24
Reports the importance of wireless application protocol (WAP) banner advertisements in delivering last-minute messages to consumers in the United States. Appearance of WAP banner advertisements in rich media and interstitial form; Creation of last-minute campaign for Red Envelope; Improvements...
- WAP on the attack. Goldman, Scott // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p104
Reports on the increase in the number of mobile device manufacturers who are implementing wireless application protocol (WAP) specifications and interoperability. Advantages of WAP; Compatibility of WAP with the existing digital data networking standards.
- Just how big a deal will WAP be for the advertising industry? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);07/07/2000, Issue 27, p14
Examines the impact of the emergence of wireless application protocol (WAAP) technology on the advertising industry in Great Britain. Goal of advertisers to target people on location; Companies using WAP technology a medium for advertising.
- WAP supporters establish forum to develop protocol. // RCR;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the establishment of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Forum Limited. Collaborators forming the company; Aims of WAP; Information on the posting of the architecture of the company; Contact information on WAP.